Update of my temp swing yesterday on my 10 gallon

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers
Last night as i recalled i had a strong temp rise in my 10 gallon reef, everything seemed off a little at the time, but thanks to you guys i lowered the temp so slowy to the point were it was 30 deg and throught 18-20 hours i lowered it to 25.5 and now stable, fish are fine and most of the corals are such as my orange plate, open brains, monti, hammer brach, blasto and kenya tree exept my gonipora i've never ever seen it this closed its my most fav coral and i wish it pullus through i will pop some images to clear my points, please reefers if anyone has an idea on the goni or whatever let me know cz i think its dying, somtimes it closes when fish swim past it and its such a baby but it never closed like this.
anyways let me know please

0F32BFE1-D871-4D06-8A3F-DADAACE1E2F8.jpeg 8B452698-94BD-4079-BC85-57CEE90F86D4.jpeg 1F76221E-290A-4BA8-87CB-06BC1A6DB818.jpeg

Uriken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice little tank. I just graduated from a huge system to an Fluval EVO 13.5 and right way noticed how the water temp swings faster now with warmer temperatures in my area. I put a surface water fan on it and keep a couple ice packs in the freezer to place in the sump if things start going out of range. Once saltwater starts to heat up it becomes a challenge to bring it back the right way. Best just not to let it get to that point if possible.
Anyways, your Goni of course could not be responding cause of water parameters being off. Have you ran any tests? The rest of the corals look ok yet that cant always be a reason not to check levels. I know mine also likes a moderate flow and would stay like yours in the pick until I would get it in a good flow position. Do you feed it anything?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much you can do except wait. Goni is a very picky coral, it will probably be mad for a few days.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to do but wait and see (and keep temps in check in the future).

I run into similar problems with my nano tanks. My solution is 1) to run the air conditioner in the summer (at all times) and 2) to use an apex to plan the shutdown of certain equipment when the tank gets warm. For example, if the tank is too warm, the uv sterilizer bulb turns off. Even warmer, the uv sterilizer feed pump turns off. Even warmer, the lights turn off, etc. Could also rig a fan controlled by the apex to turn on if the tank gets too hot.

Might be worth investigating the options for a small chiller. They are not common, but do exist.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back