Update on BTA that arrived Tuesday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little guy still hasn't attached to anything.

15899928715205911441801253541706.jpg

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MoreReefPlease Good afternoon! Sorry to hear...he may be a bit stubborn! The anemone is inflated, which is a great sign. We suggest leaving it be, not moving, touching, and hope that he settles in. With the extension of the warranty, no worries--just keep us posted with progress.
Thanks and have a great day!a

Last edited:
OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MoreReefPlease Good afternoon! Sorry to hear...he may be a bit stubborn! The anemone is inflated, which is a great sign. We suggest leaving it be, not moving, touching, and hope that he settles in. With the extension of the warranty, no worries--just keep us posted with progress.

I have clear acrylic containers for in tank use that allow flow through them.

Do you think this little dude would appreciate that instead of just laying on the rock?

In my prior experience I'm hesitant to disturb them too much when introducing to the tank.

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bta I got on Tuesday doing the same thing a bit but instead of digging into the sand or attaching to rock he’s attached himself to a spare shell in the tank.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bta I got on Tuesday doing the same thing a bit but instead of digging into the sand or attaching to rock he’s attached himself to a spare shell in the tank.

Mine never stuck to anything. He's a goner. :(

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well, the little guy didn't make it sorry to say. He never stuck to anything, just floated around the tank until he started decomposing. :(

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were local, I'd give you one. I have 1 little RBTA that's needing a good home. My current 11 RBTAs recently sprouted 3 little ones.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were local, I'd give you one. I have 1 little RBTA that's needing a good home. My current 11 RBTAs recently sprouted 3 little ones.
Ahhh man, that stinks - but I appreciate the offer! To be quite honest, I'd rather be in just about any other place (maybe not Oklahoma or the Dakotas), I really hate the Chicago area.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back