Update on Divers Den Fish Quarantine Practices?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

In light of the recent and substantial price hikes on fish in Divers Den - can you give an update on your quarantine practices?

The description of QT practices on your site outlines a lot of medications - but it does not explain if it is all done prophylactically or only on fish that exhibit signs of disease or parasites. Put another way - can I confidently and safely add a fish from Divers Den directly to my tank or would it be prudent to for me to treat a Divers Den fish prophylactically to ensure that it does not introduce any parasites into my tank? Thanks.

gambler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Money grab its not only price hikes they are training the representatives to be nasty but what can you expect they've pretty much taken out the competition that's what happens when big money corporations move in they take as much advantage as possible. By the way the fish seem to come the same from regular website and from diversden

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

In light of the recent and substantial price hikes on fish in Divers Den - can you give an update on your quarantine practices?

The description of QT practices on your site outlines a lot of medications - but it does not explain if it is all done prophylactically or only on fish that exhibit signs of disease or parasites. Put another way - can I confidently and safely add a fish from Divers Den directly to my tank or would it be prudent to for me to treat a Divers Den fish prophylactically to ensure that it does not introduce any parasites into my tank? Thanks.
Thank you for your inquiry.

New marine fish arrivals housed in our Diver's Den® quarantine system are kept in low salinity water to aid in the fishes’ osmoregulatory process and to combat potential disease-causing organisms. In conjunction with lower salinity water, we also use a therapeutic amount of ionic copper sulfate (0.15ppm). If we identify specimens demonstrating disease conditions, we promptly isolate, diagnose, and provide specific treatment. In other words, we practice general prophylactic disease prevention AND specific disease treatment.

While we take great pride in our quarantine and treatment protocol, we highly recommend all hobbyists to properly quarantine all new arrivals no matter where you receive your livestock (even if it from us). During quarantine, be sure to perform detailed visual examinations of overall coloration, behavior, fin placement, respiration, and eye clarity to gain insight into the general health of the fish. We recommend the use of medications or starting a treatment regimen only after proper diagnosis as general or prophylactic use of medications can put unnecessary stress on your new arrival.

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Same here. Great service and product. DD fish have arrived in perfect shape. Recently bought a Potter's Angel and it ate frozen and pellets right away.

When I had an issue with some CUC and coral not making it, they promptly issued a credit. Credit vs refund debate? Doesn't matter as I probably will be ordering something else from them anyways.

Prices may seem high, but it is WYSIWYG with a basic Acclimation/ QT included, often shipping is free ((box charge applies) and there is almost always a coupon out there. Is the QT as good as the month long, proactive... la la la... well that is a different price point.

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that Potter's angel! Beautiful! And to elaborate on the credit vs refund thing. I asked them once because I had received a refund for a fish death, and then a short time later I ordered again and received a whole bag of dead snails, for which I received a credit. The reason was that they have a specific dollar amount set (I don't remember what it is) and anything under =credit, and anything over =refund.
As far as the recent prices. I'm not thrilled about it, either, but I can understand why. Prices are up everywhere. The pandemic is affecting that. Just like everything else in the world. I'm sure the prices will come back down when this is over. Hope the info helps.

RonnieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I bought an Achilles tang and blue spotted jaw fish and put them into my tank with fish over 10 years old … not only did both fish die, so far it killed my 8 year old powder brown and multiple others from ich. I contacted but no response …I’m hoping my others hang on

RonnieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I bought an Achilles tang and blue spotted jaw fish and put them into my tank with fish over 10 years old … not only did both fish die, so far it killed my 8 year old powder brown and multiple others from ich. I contacted but no response …I’m hoping my others hang on
This is also after spending nearly $1,000

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back