Update on malnarus wrasse

goldenreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday i bought this beautiful malnarus wrasse and put him into my 30 gallon. He dug himself into the last and now hes fully out in the morning picking at the sand and rocks so cool just still a little worried he is much bigger than my clowns.

SilentFate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have much to worry about. Melenarus wrasses are one of the more peaceful fish you can find in most cases. Of course each individual fish has its own personality, but they are pretty safe around most fish. I have one in a tank with clowns, a golden dwarf eel, a golden rhomboidalis wrasse, a splendid pintail wrasse, and a purple tang and it does not bother fish or tankmates at all aside from some snails from time to time. I've found mine to be a pretty hungry fish but more frequent feedings helps keep her away from the snails a bit better.

OP
OP
G

goldenreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have much to worry about. Melenarus wrasses are one of the more peaceful fish you can find in most cases. Of course each individual fish has its own personality, but they are pretty safe around most fish. I have one in a tank with clowns, a golden dwarf eel, a golden rhomboidalis wrasse, a splendid pintail wrasse, and a purple tang and it does not bother fish or tankmates at all aside from some snails from time to time. I've found mine to be a pretty hungry fish but more frequent feedings helps keep her away from the snails a bit better.
And the only thing that worrys me is the size of my tank its a 30 gallon tank.

SilentFate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for the information I appreciate it!
I'm sorry for the late reply, I am a new "poster" here, long time viewer, but am still figuring out alerts to know if/when someone replies. Hopefully you are seeing your wrasse come out more now. Mine has a voracious appetite so it works well to feed her a couple of times each day. Good luck!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back