UPDATE with Grand Total!!! Toy for Kids 2020 Christmas Drive!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toys for kids sponsors 2020.jpg

It's Christmas time again and we are excited to announce our annual Toys For Kids Drive!

Official Giving Page: Toys For Kids 2020 - GoFundMe

UPDATE: GOFUNDME does not allow REWARD levels anymore so we will detail them here in this thread towards the bottom! You give and you get tickets to win prizes!

It's that time of year for giving and our members at www.reef2reef.com love to give! If you are a seasoned veteran of REEF2REEF then you know we help unfortunate children get gifts, clothing and food at Christmas time. Every Christmas for the past 12 years we have had a toy donation drive and every year the members of R2R and the reefing community step up and give to make Christmas dreams come true! Last year alone we raised over $30,000 for toys, clothes, food & necessities for kids and their families all over the world!

Being a pastor of a local church in my community gives us the platform to not only see the need around us but to be able to do something about it! We are able to make sure that all families are in need and that the kids really wouldn't have much for Christmas otherwise. We are able to buy all the gifts with no taxes because we are a non-profit at the church. That saves us hundreds of dollars every year.

We are also very excited to announce this year that we are once again partnering with the GVM Orphanage, Smokey Mountain Children's Home, Grace Alive Church and The Awakening Church to help us disperse gifts, food, clothing and necessities to kids and families all over the world.

Link to last year's drive: Click Here

Will you help us reach our goal this year? We can do it! There is nothing that makes you feel better than to give to someone in need. All the proceed go directly to the Toy Drive!

Goal is $20,000

I would LOVE for us to reach the goal of $20,000 this year! We can do it! There is nothing that makes you feel better than to give to someone in need.

Give and Win: This year we are going to be offering prizes from some of our generous sponsors that can be won, by random draw to all those that are able to give. The following is a list of ticket entries you will receive for donating certain dollar amounts.

$10 - $24 = (1) Ticket (only one ticket will be given per person in this category to keep it fair)
$25 = (2) Tickets
$50 = (5) Tickets
$100 = (10) Tickets
$250 = (30)Tickets
$500 = (100) Tickets
$1000 = (250) Tickets

YOU WILL BE EMAILED YOUR RAFFLE TICKET NUMBERS VIA THE GO FUND ME PLATFORM AFTER THE DRIVE ENDS AND BEFORE DRAWING. WINNERS WILL BE DRAWN FROM ALL THE TICKETS ISSUED AND THE WINNERS WILL BE CONTACTED TO CLAIM THEIR PRIZE.

Here is a list of prize donors and prizes as of today with more details TBA!

Red Sea - Prize TBA

Neptune System - Sponsored Live Show (prizes given away)

SBB Corals - $1000 Gift Certificate

Turbo's Aquatics - Four (4) $250 gift certificates ($1000 total), good toward any of my Turbo Algae Scrubbers (either Rev 4 or the upcoming Rev 5)

Aquatic Life Products - 3 – 36” T5 hybrid fixtures. A $299.99 retail value each.

Premium Aquatics - (3) Winners a $250 Premium Aquatics Gift Certificate!

Orphek - Atlantik v4 LED Light + gateway

Tropic Marin - Bio Actif Reactor 5000 for carbon dosing, 2 liter bag of NP Bacto Tricks $600 Shipped

A Reef Creation - $500 Gift Certificate

Top Shelf Aquatics - (5) Winners $100 Gift Certificates

Algae Barn - (5) Winners $100 Gift Certificate

Galactic Corals - $500 Gift Certificate

Living Reef Orlando - (3) Winners $100 Gift Certificates

Tunze USA - Tunze 9410 Skimmer

Reef Cleaners - (3) Winners $100 Gift Certificates

Reef Nutrition - $250 Food Pack

TCK Coral - (2) Winners $250 Gift Certificates

Vivid Creative Aquatics - 10-gallon Nano, Random Flow Generator® Flow Kit - VCA"

Noopsyche - K7 Pro II 95W LED Light with Mount and Controller

Punisher Corals - $50 Gift Certificate

Aquarocks - 3 pack of our magnetic single rock sets

Possibly more prizes to come....

*Winners outside the US lower 48 will have to pay actual shipping for prizes.

GIVE and keep up with the progress, the prizes, and the recent donators here: Toys For Kids 2020 - GoFundMe

Huge thanks to the SPONSORS & MEMBERS OF REEF2REEF for making this possible!

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The best that I can figure...

Counting Calculating GIF by memecandy

$10,300 (Phase I) - amount donated before the GoFundMe site went down (those donations are still there).

$10,025 (Phase II) - amount that currently shows on the GoFundMe site.

$10,000 - matching funds

Therefore we are at or about $30,325 right now with time to add more.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, GoFundMe migrated platforms. This amount is not reflecting $10K+ that was donated prior to the migration.

Yes, but the $20,025 total I mentioned DOES include the 10k prior to them migrating. I'm not including the matched funds as I was under the impression they were being matched as the drive went on. Not afterwards.

ricksmithsdca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but the $20,025 total I mentioned DOES include the 10k prior to them migrating. I'm not including the matched funds as I was under the impression they were being matched as the drive went on. Not afterwards.
I assumed it was afterwards.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I understand and @revhtree will be able to provide clarity soon. Based on my understanding the GFM amount does not include the match.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so appears to be a few k short of record? correct??
Animated GIF
season 1 GIF
turtle helping GIF
;)

Anonymous Giver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually when I get home this evening. But don't let that stop anyone from kicking in!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
$30,625 and climbing! Thank you to everyone who contributed - you made a difference!!!

Group Hug Wow GIF by Nickelodeon

Please know that there is still time to make a donation and enter the raffle if you would like.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:cool: and the record to be broken is...??

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep, right up until @revhtree shuts it down.

season 3 krabby land GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

...so if anyone wants to sneak into the raffle then now would be a good time! :)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hello GIF by Lil Dicky
Mr Iglesias Good Job GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh yes, they're out there! Although @revhtree may be a little busy right now get the gifts!!!

shopping GIF
Food Shopping GIF by MOODMAN

TruckerTami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm well aware of that, if you look at the new drive it is at $10,025 so plus the $10,000 already that's $20,025. That's why I said it looks like the goal has been met. And why it hasn't surpassed last years $30,000 total
Don’t forget the matched 10k now :)

Back