Updating AOS on ApexEL

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been ignoring the latest AOS update and finally getting around to thinking about it. Just wanted to make sure that I have to connect it to my router with ethernet cable, rather than doing this over wifi? And using Apex local to do it? I haven't done this before so wanted to make sure.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex-EL and the Apex 2016 both support installing AOS updates over WiFi, and it can be done from Fusion or the local dashboard.

Only the Apex Classic and older models require the network cable, and installation cannot be done from Fusion.

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex-EL and the Apex 2016 both support installing AOS updates over WiFi, and it can be done from Fusion or the local dashboard.

Only the Apex Classic and older models require the network cable, and installation cannot be done from Fusion.
Any risk to doing it via wifi? I'd prefer that method, for the obvious ease.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any risk to doing it via wifi? I'd prefer that method, for the obvious ease.
As long as your Apex has a solid WiFi connection (i.e. you don’t experience frequent disconnects) then it will be fine to update.

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as your Apex has a solid WiFi connection (i.e. you don’t experience frequent disconnects) then it will be fine to update.
Oddly, I've had super erratic ph readings this afternoon, starting around 1:40 PM (so not immediately after the update). It's never done that before. I've been needing to recalibrate my probe, so perhaps that will take care of the issue.

1624906791065.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back