Updating FW on accessories, ie dosers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of a way to update FW on accessories without having to unplug all PAB cables? If it’s still not possible is It in the plans to somehow enable this, as it is a major mission to update 5 dosers, KHD, expansion box etc @Vinny@GHLUSA @Matthias Gross
Thanks Paul

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice to say.. assign a specific item to update. But that would take a major update to the design I think. 5 dosers.. I can only imagine what a chore that would be. With the pending delivery of the ION director.. thats another doser.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, there is new updates in the latest GCC. Presently firmware updates are distributed with GCC. When you install a new version it puts the new firmware in a folder that is easily accessed when you go to do updates.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that depends on your perspective. For me 1.1.2.8 was a new GCC. I was running 2.7. I went ahead and installed the beta 2.9

Matt Peacock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been toying with the idea of mounting a network wall plate in an accessible place, and running the PAB cables from the back of each GHL device to the plate. I would then have small patch leads connecting the sockets on the plate in my PAB hierarchy. When I want to update, it's a matter of moving the patch leads as opposed to moving the whole set up.

The American wall plates are smaller than the ones we have here in England so I'll probably get a friend to post one over to me, like this one:

398__79936.1551560137.jpg

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the PAB devices are daisy chained that looks more difficult than just unplugging one unit and run a single cable to that to update it.

Matt Peacock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the PAB devices are daisy chained that looks more difficult than just unplugging one unit and run a single cable to that to update it.

Well, it can’t be any more or less difficult because each GHL device has on its reverse two network sockets and each bank here has two network sockets, so it’s identical.

However, it is less difficult (for me) because as I mentioned this plate would be in an accessible place where I could swap the cables which is easier (for me) than pulling the devices out from their shelves to access the ports on the back side of them, and then swap the cables.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back