Upflow Algae Scrubbers® From Santa Monica Filtration®

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Well that's hugely disappointing and mildly concerning, especially considering our previous communications. Oh well.

iamgant

View Badges
Reaction score
This is my HOG1 after two weeks half covered with lights on for 16hrs. Gfo is still in use on the system. I just cleaned brown junk off the bottom half. Please let me know what I should change.
image.jpg

jcs11236

View Badges
Reaction score
Just purchased a hog1 via premium aquatics. Curious in knowing what size air pump you recommend. I see you have said jwfusion 700 but not sure is that applies to the hog1 since it is a lil smaller to the other scrubbers.
Thanks in advance for any info

OP
SantaMonica

SantaMonica

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes the 700 works well, and you can combine the 2 air outlets into 1, or you can run two filters from the one pump. A smaller 1-outlet pump will work too like a smaller Fusion or one of the Tetra Whisper AP150 pumps.

Hope you like it :)

jcs11236

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.
I actually have a fusion 400 (1.9l/m) on hand but not sure if that will be good enough or do u suggest I purchase and go up to the 700 instead. Is the extra l/m needed or make a difference for the hog1.
Also how long do you recommend the LEDs stay on for. Do you recommend running the light cycle at night somewhat similar to fuge.
Sorry for all the questions. Just want to get it running correct from the start

Thank again

Would you love to have a super cool anemone? (these are the best)

• YES

Votes: 76 73.8%
  • NO

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 2.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors