Upgrade Mitras LX6 clusters similar to LX7 clusters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I upgrade my 6100HV's, will the only difference between the result and the LX7 be the lack of wifi and PBT on my units? I can accomplish wireless connectivity between the 6100HV (with new leds) and my profilux 3.1EX if I add the PLM-PWC card, right?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may connect the lights wirelessly to your P3/P4 via the PWC card, correct, this wireless connection is NOT IP based for your computer/GCC/MyGHL to program though. For that, you'll still use USB cable. If you're going to connect to a ProfiLux controller, essentially the MyGHL feature is not required.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may connect the lights wirelessly to your P3/P4 via the PWC card, correct, this wireless connection is NOT IP based for your computer/GCC/MyGHL to program though. For that, you'll still use USB cable. If you're going to connect to a ProfiLux controller, essentially the MyGHL feature is not required.
Thanks Marco. I don't understand - even if I connect the Mitras to the Profilux 3.1 wirelessly using the PLM-PWC, are you saying I won't be able to control the lights through GCC unless I also connect my PC to the LX6 with a USB cable?

Also, do I understand correctly that if I upgrade the 6100HV's, the only new features of the LX7 that will be missing are the wifi and PBT features?

Last edited:

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize, i should've been more clear.

The LX7's; once you join them to your WiFi network, you can utilize GCC via network to control, adjust settings, push schedule, base hardware changes (fan/temp/HO/HE/PBT)etc. this is only possible on the LX7's due to the additional WiFi chipsets that are not on the LX6 platform.

The LX6's(and LX7's) can be added to and controlled by a ProfiLux controller via the PLM-PWC add-on card.
In this case, you will connect to your ProfiLux controller and simply make Illumination channel changes, and push to the light.
However for base hardware changes, such as fan, temp, HO/HE Output mode, you will still need to connect to the light direct via USB.

As for the difference between LX6/LX7 the cluster upgrades will get you the UV channel, but as you mentioned PBT, WiFi, any additional efficiency/power benefits are chassis functions of the LX7's and will not be established by the cluster upgrades.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent summary Marco, thank you.

I've ordered enough of the upgrade kits to fully convert two LX6's, and will see what I think before deciding to do with my other two. I like the idea of reusing the base platform, even if I don't get wifi or PBT. On the other hand, the PBT feature sounds very cool, so maybe I'll replace two of my LX6's with LX7's - is it ok to mix the two models on the same profilux controller with a PLM-PWC card (will GCC treat them as all the same types of slave?).

Last question, if you can answer: the website says "preorder", but I have seen posts where people are happy after receiving their LEDS so I assume you are shipping now? This was a limited production run, right, so how many do you have left?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
US Distribution has not yet received it's pre-order batch, but should be coming soon. I believe the ones that we've seen posted were ordered direct from Germany. :)

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, ok. Thanks!

What about mixing lx6 + lx7 on same install - is that ok?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, ok. Thanks!

What about mixing lx6 + lx7 on same install - is that ok?

We don't recommend it.
You will not be able to program a different program(difference in light channels) based on device. So your lights would look significantly different as one has a UV in place of a White 4400K. If you're blasting White at 80% in your project, you'd have UV blasting at the same % on the LX7's.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't recommend it.
You will not be able to program a different program(difference in light channels) based on device. So your lights would look significantly different as one has a UV in place of a White 4400K. If you're blasting White at 80% in your project, you'd have UV blasting at the same % on the LX7's.
Sorry, I meant mixing an LX7 with an LX6 after upgrading to the new LEDs ... all channels should be the same, right?

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get an answer to this. I want to add a new unit to my 4 6300's and wondering if I can add an lx7 instead of buying a new lx6 and then new pucks which would be more expensive.

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping LX6200 with LX7 similar LED clusters already built-in:
Yes, we can do this on request, please contact GHL USA or GHL Germany directly.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back