Upgraded to 120, how high should I hang my light

lilbalways

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have recently upgraded to a 120 gallon from my 75 gallon. The system has been running now for about 4 days and everything seems happy. The water has almost cleared completely. I have a 300 watt led full spectrum led with 90lens and 48" long I need to hang the unit and need to know how high, it can be adjusted if needed. I kept everything from my original setup but added another set of mavemakers. I have mostly soft corals and lps, but have a couple of montipora frags that were given to me from a friend. The unit was originally on my 75 using the brackets that came with it, but my new tank is too long and need to hang it with the hanging cables that came with it

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, @lilbalways I'm no expert but I have hung a lot of lights (electrician) Adjustable cable sets are what I would use and of good quality, now the resident lighting expert on these fixtures is @saltyfilmfolks and he should be around later today. good luck

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
L

lilbalways

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
007.JPG
007.JPG

OP
OP
L

lilbalways

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finished the light stand, but I think I need to raise it a little more. All fish are doing well, coral are starting to open back up after the transfer. I have some algae on some rock work, but the goby has been eating on it, and there is some pods in it also.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back