Upgrading AI Prime to XR15 G6 Blue

RHND

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the current Black Friday sale, Im considering to upgrade my AI Prime 16 to a XR15 G6 Blue on my IM 25 Lagoon. Tank is still new at 2 months in, and so far everything is growing well and healthy ( mostly zoas and LPS ) No immediate need for the " upgrade " other than the fact that I do plan on doing a frag tank down the road and will likely just use the AI Prime 16 for that purpose.

Currently running Saxby settings on the AI Prime, and was wondering if there's something similar for the XR15 ? or I could switch to something like AB+ ? Also wondering what I should do to acclimate the corals to the new light?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from an AI Prime 16 to a Radion XR15 G5 Blue and haven't looked back - it's a night and day difference. From a visual perspective, you may find that the radiance template is more aesthetically pleasing than AB+ (or at least use that as a starting point). When I was running Radions on my IM 25 Lagoons I believe I had them set to around 45% schedule intensity.

Here's the lighting schedule that I currently run (variation on the radiance template) if you'd like some ideas (just be sure to adjust the schedule intensity down to 40-45%).

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 6.10.24 PM.png

OP
OP
R

RHND

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from an AI Prime 16 to a Radion XR15 G5 Blue and haven't looked back - it's a night and day difference. From a visual perspective, you may find that the radiance template is more aesthetically pleasing than AB+ (or at least use that as a starting point). When I was running Radions on my IM 25 Lagoons I believe I had them set to around 45% schedule intensity.

Here's the lighting schedule that I currently run (variation on the radiance template) if you'd like some ideas (just be sure to adjust the schedule intensity down to 40-45%).

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 6.10.24 PM.png
Appreciate the tips. I just pulled the trigger on the XR15, will do some reading on all the different templates available, and be sure to tune down the intensity.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the tips. I just pulled the trigger on the XR15, will do some reading on all the different templates available, and be sure to tune down the intensity.
In terms of acclimation, my corals pretty much adapted within 24-48 hours - so as long as the color spectrum and PAR levels are reasonable close - they should be fine (they may even perk up more with the Radion).

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following thread as I keep hearing about specific well known reefers LEd “settings” can I assume these are located somewhere on R2R somewhere (sorry new to this forum , not reefing) ..
TIA

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back