30gl. Long nano

Aaron4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
Well I got tired of being so limited by my 10 gallon I decided to upgrade to a 30 gallon, still a nano but a little bit more room for fish to swim and coral to grow. My goal for this tank is to keep it simple and elegant. I've decided to go bare bottom because I've always had a problem with sand blowing around with high flow. The tank is a Nuvo black 30 gal. I painted the bottom white to make it look a little more appealing. I'm using a tunze
comline stream filter 3163 and tunze nano turbelle 6040 for flow and filtration. For heating I'm using the cobalt neo-therm heater. It is lit up with two AI prime HDs.
I wanted a different look than the typical aquarium stand so I build a wood top out of 2"x3" and stained it black. Then I bought some A-frame leg stands From ikea and set it on top of that.

OP
OP
Aaron4890

Aaron4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice start! You fooled the crap out of me with the white paint. It looks like sand from here!
Yes from a distance it does look like it has sand Lol Up close The rocks look like they're floating because of the thickness of the glass and the paint being on the underneath side. So far I'm liking the look

Kylecva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the nuvo so far? Thinking about getting the 40 just not sure about the company

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 also with two primes. Have you found a spectrum you like?

OP
OP
Aaron4890

Aaron4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the nuvo so far? Thinking about getting the 40 just not sure about the company
I like the tank The quality is very good for the price. I've had the Nuvo 10gal. For over two years and never had any issues. The nuvo black is unique because the back panel is privacy glass so when the lights are on you can see through it giving the aquarium more depth.

OP
OP
Aaron4890

Aaron4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 also with two primes. Have you found a spectrum you like?
I haven't played much with the lighting yet,the tank still cycling. I will probably go with the same settings that Nanokarren uses. She has a YouTube video on her light settings, And she seems to have very good success with her light settings

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging alone to see your build! I just started a 30 gallon after having a 10 as well. But I am switching from a Nuvo Fusion 10 to a JBJ 30 RL

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back