IMG_3002.JPG

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful!

What do you think of the tunze comline stream filter 3163 ? What media are you using?

As I mentioned a while ago, I have the same tank. Still haven't set it up and transferred from my 20 yet. I can't make up my mind on whether or not to drill and sump it, or use all the HOB equipment I already have on my 20 but I'm worried that would put too much strain on the back panel (filter, skimmer, and light would be about 30-40 lbs I think). So, I've been looking for other options. I didn't even know internal filters existed...

OP
OP
Aaron4890

Aaron4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Tunze Comline filter a lot. It's easy to change the filter media and has a good amount of water flow going through it.
I don't remember what biological media I'm running in it but it was something very similar looking to eheim substrate pro. I also run a mesh bag with some BRS carbon and GFO. And some filter floss. I change out the filter floss once a week and change out the carbon GFO every two weeks.
So far the tank is doing well.

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Tunze Comline filter a lot. It's easy to change the filter media and has a good amount of water flow going through it.
I don't remember what biological media I'm running in it but it was something very similar looking to eheim substrate pro. I also run a mesh bag with some BRS carbon and GFO. And some filter floss. I change out the filter floss once a week and change out the carbon GFO every two weeks.
So far the tank is doing well.

I love the look of the white bottom! I wish I would have seen your thread about 3 weeks ago, I'm in the process of curing most of my rock. No I want to tear down my brand new tank, put my clowns in a bucket and get out the spray can.

OP
OP
Aaron4890

Aaron4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now I'm looking into that filter. [emoji12] I need to stay away from your thread!
It's a great filter and I like having the idea of not having to worry about I hang on the back filter leaking Or an overflow becoming clogged in flooding the floor.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious... what settings are you running your AI Primes at? I currently have one over a standard 10g and your color spectrum looks really good compared to mine.

OP
OP
Aaron4890

Aaron4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3414.JPG
IMG_3416.JPG
IMG_3419.JPG
Well I got tired of listening to the Bubble magus pump, so I relocated in the closet about 10 feet away from the tank.
So far the pump seems adequate enough to pump the water that far. It also uncluttered things up a bit not having to have the dosing containers underneath the aquarium

OP
OP
Aaron4890

Aaron4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? :)

Well last week I got back from a three week vacation. When I got back the tank's water was so cloudy I could hardly see inside. All the corals were not doing well. I still have no fish in there just some snails. I tested my water and every thing was fine according to tests. So im not sure what caused the water to become so cloudy. I did a 50% water change but the water was still cloudy so two days later I did a 100% water change. every thing is starting to look better now. all I can think of is it was some kind of bacteria bloom.

HowardJ02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well last week I got back from a three week vacation. When I got back the tank's water was so cloudy I could hardly see inside. All the corals were not doing well. I still have no fish in there just some snails. I tested my water and every thing was fine according to tests. So im not sure what caused the water to become so cloudy. I did a 50% water change but the water was still cloudy so two days later I did a 100% water change. every thing is starting to look better now. all I can think of is it was some kind of bacteria bloom.
Hm that's strange. Were you running carbon by any chance?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back