Upgrading my 10 year old 75 to the Mega matrix 180

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little about my tank it turns 10 this year . And everything in it including my fish have clearly put grown the 75 as have I lol. So today I pulled the trigger on the mega matrix 180 all of my equipment besides my return pump I upsized over the last few years in anticipation of this new build . My system has the new apex 2016 with every module except trident :( can’t ever find them . I’m looking for input on the return pump I am back and forth on the cor or the vectra I like the cor but I really like my return separate from the apex for safety reasons any input would be appreciated.

image.jpg

Fred2482

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little about my tank it turns 10 this year . And everything in it including my fish have clearly put grown the 75 as have I lol. So today I pulled the trigger on the mega matrix 180 all of my equipment besides my return pump I upsized over the last few years in anticipation of this new build . My system has the new apex 2016 with every module except trident :( can’t ever find them . I’m looking for input on the return pump I am back and forth on the cor or the vectra I like the cor but I really like my return separate from the apex for safety reasons any input would be appreciated.

image.jpg
I love pan world, maybe over kill depending on your set up!

Sicce and ecotech also have good pumps IMO.

ChicagoReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Abyzz, but probably could have gone a more reasonable path. A few years later it is absolutely silent. Looked to clean it last year - no build up as self cleaning has worked great. Rock solid build. I did not connect to Apex for same thought you had above. I have had a few Neptune pmup go bad, so makes me nervous on the Cor. I looked at the vectra - rock solid reviews on Bulk Reef Supply. I almost got it until the sale on Abyzz. For the cost, was probably a better choice. Just did not want a main pump failure.

OP
OP
Richard baker

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Abyzz, but probably could have gone a more reasonable path. A few years later it is absolutely silent. Looked to clean it last year - no build up as self cleaning has worked great. Rock solid build. I did not connect to Apex for same thought you had above. I have had a few Neptune pmup go bad, so makes me nervous on the Cor. I looked at the vectra - rock solid reviews on Bulk Reef Supply. I almost got it until the sale on Abyzz. For the cost, was probably a better choice. Just did not want a main pump failure.
That is my thoughts exactly , I have had a few wavs go bad right at the year mark and my original pmup that came with my apex ato when bad also . I run radion gen 4 pros on both my tanks and love my mp10 and 40 never no issues . So I was looking at the new gens of vectras

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes if you could I have been a member for a while just never really posted so I’m kinda learning how to navigate :)

There you go. I took the liberty to hang your Build Thread Contributor banner as well which is also a link to this thread.

OP
OP
Richard baker

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered the vectra M2 last night , now I am debating what color plumbing I want to go with . And I’m debating if I am going to need another radion or not I have two gen4 pro over my 4 foot 75 the 180 is 6 foot

OP
OP
Richard baker

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the vectra m2 came in yesterday,while I am waiting for the 180 I have ordered a second mp40 and a 40 watt pentair aquatic Uv the one I run on my 75 is way to small for a 180 , I placed the order today for the new sand for the 180 . Mean while my wife has allowed me to make this upgrade she also had a stipulation the Floors need upgraded lol so being when I built my home in 2010 they used cheap pergo flooring in the living room so anytime water sat on it ,damaged the floor , so this time we went with a waterproof vinyl plank . The floors are all done except around the 75 I will be moving it out of the way this weekend to finish the last little bit so everything is ready to go when the 180 arrives .
30EB6370-5008-4C03-9526-A7120981B7C2.jpeg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You get a new bigger tank, your bride gets some new flooring....sounds like a great partnership!!! Good luck this weekend getting everything situated.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back