Upgrading my 12 Gallon Reef to a 75 gallon Need Help

aquakj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys so, I am thinking about upgrading my 12 gallon reef to a 75 gallon reef, i already had a 75 gallon tank setup however I got ich in that tank and the fish are currently in a QT tank, the 75 was originally going to be a predator tank but i decided to do something I would never do and that is a big butt reef tank. Also the 75 is fishless at the moment due to the ich I plan to let it die out for a month so this transfer would happen sometime in march or mid Feb. Any suggestions or tips for making this transfer which i think is a pretty big change for all the coral and fish in the 12 gallon Nano.

My corals consist of LPS and softies (easy corals to keep) and 2 clownfish and I have been using coral pro salt for about 2 months now but I am deciding to change to Reef Crystals because that is what i will be able to afford on a monthly basis with the 75 gal water changes. Any suggestion that will help my corals and fish during this transition will help Thanks!!!! Keep on Reefing!

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your fish will be fine, the ocean is a little bigger than your 75 gallon tank, ;). I have a 75 gallon tank with a 20 gallon long sump. Are you planning running a sump? Is it drilled or a HOB overflow?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

aquakj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your fish will be fine, the ocean is a little bigger than your 75 gallon tank, ;). I have a 75 gallon tank with a 20 gallon long sump. Are you planning running a sump? Is it drilled or a HOB overflow?
I’m running 2 HOB a 110 And 70 aqua clear thanks for your input!

Upvote 0

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest make a few waterchanges prior to the move and save that water to add to the 75gallon. This way you can have close to 50% of the water already. If you dont have time for all that just make sure your Alk matches the new tank water and you should be fine.

Upvote 0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back