Upgrading to Red Sea Reefer 425 XL

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas of your dosing plan? Right now I’m running a calcium reactor which doesn’t totally meet the demands of my aquarium. Also dosing Kalk to help keep pH up and TM A4R to top off Alk & Calc needs.
I'm looking at the Red Sea 4 head doser for alk and cal and mag and any other non refrigerator coral supplement that may be needed. Mounted in its own cabinet on the left side of the primary cabinet.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
All I can say is, WOW! Beautiful tank, corals and fish. It is truly amazing to see all of that growth! You have absolutely done an amazing job on your tank. I'm hoping in time my tank grows out like that. Very awesome! I will be following along :)

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top down shot

A21FB5CE-68AD-4F50-832C-3FA742D95FB4.jpeg

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have to rehome one copperband after he started nipping at LPS. Amazing the reefers that lined up when I put him up for sale. Quickly got another one and have had him about 6 months now.

Never had a claim. Maybe because I used to go clamming when I was a kid and love to eat them.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have to rehome one copperband after he started nipping at LPS. Amazing the reefers that lined up when I put him up for sale. Quickly got another one and have had him about 6 months now.

Never had a claim. Maybe because I used to go clamming when I was a kid and love to eat them.
Ah, so you see clams more as food!

I have a Copperband, as far as I’m concerned, he’s reef safe, but he likes to pick at urchins…ouch.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was thinking about an urchin! Would you recommend for a well established reef?
He didn’t kill the urchin. Copperband mouths are equipped for soft bodied prey, not hard stuff like urchin spikes. As far as I’m aware, nobody was ever harmed.

I think it will be fine for you. Worst comes to worse urchins are pretty easy to catch.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any before after growth comparisons. Tank looks nice. Two copper banded butterflys? Any aggression?

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost one copperband that stopped eating. After rehoming the other. Replaced him with a long nose yellow butterfly- my wife’s favorite. The 2 butterflies get along well.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back