Upstate NY LFS’s Between Cambridge, Saratoga & Albany?

VermontReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Friends,
We just purchased a 70 acre farm on the border of Cambridge NY and West Arlington VT. I’m getting back into the hobby after 10 years off and am searching f

I’m wondering if there are any quality LFS’s in or near Albany up to Saratoga etc. 1-2 hour radius of Cambridge. I see a few on Google but are they decent?

Let’s chat. Thx

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Friends,
We just purchased a 70 acre farm on the border of Cambridge NY and West Arlington VT. I’m getting back into the hobby after 10 years off and am searching f

I’m wondering if there are any quality LFS’s in or near Albany up to Saratoga etc. 1-2 hour radius of Cambridge. I see a few on Google but are they decent?

Let’s chat. Thx
Check out Bensons Fish Room in ballston spa. A newer place but pretty nice.

Bailey VT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eddie's Aquarium in Cohoes, NY might be worth checking out. I haven't been in a while but I got some quality stuff from them in the past. I was only into freshwater at that time, so I never looked at the saltwater selection, but I recall they had quite a bit.

King_Acidic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eddie's Aquarium in Cohoes, NY might be worth checking out. I haven't been in a while but I got some quality stuff from them in the past. I was only into freshwater at that time, so I never looked at the saltwater selection, but I recall they had quite a bit.
On a whim I decided to take a ride up to Eddie's Aquarium this past Thursday. The store was busier than I expected for 4:30 on a Thursday but they had a ton of supplies and tank options in stock. The saltwater fish selection wasn't too bad but definitely not what I expected. There were a lot of blue tangs and clownfish but most of the fish they had in stock were things that require a much larger setup than I plan to build. The coral selection was definitely bigger than I've seen elsewhere. I only discovered Benson's Fish Room in Ballston Spa this morning so that's now the new LFS on the list to check out.

Reef_Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bensons fish room is definitely the best lfs around and should be supported.
Eddie's aquarium is big and has a lot of stuff but it's not a very enjoyable experience with the crowd and ticket situation they made by only being open a couple days a week.

October Sky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bensons fish room is definitely the best lfs around and should be supported.
Eddie's aquarium is big and has a lot of stuff but it's not a very enjoyable experience with the crowd and ticket situation they made by only being open a couple days a week.

If you remember how Healthy Pet Center went off the deep end with their aquarium department, and ultimately got rid of all aquatics, that's because (as I understand it) Matt who ran the aquatic section went to Bensons.

It's the best around, as far as I can tell.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back