Urgent air perfumed freshener in tank

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My girlfriend had the amazing idea to throw half bottle of air freshener in my thank.
Skimmer went nuts and I put 600 grams of carbon in my sump (the tank is 400 liters)
What else can I do?
I was thinking to move all the fishes corals and inverts in one of my friends tank. Can I do it or there is the risk to contaminate my friend tank?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My girlfriend had the amazing idea to throw half bottle of air freshener in my thank.
Skimmer went nuts and I put 600 grams of carbon in my sump (the tank is 400 liters)
What else can I do?
I was thinking to move all the fishes corals and inverts in one of my friends tank. Can I do it or there is the risk to contaminate my friend tank?

Do you have any water on hand to do a large water change or to create a makeshift QT for the livestock?

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing 100 liters of ro water but it won't be Rady before 8 hours... I'll do 100 liters everyday for the next week at least I think... But my major worry are corals fish and the rest... What can I do?

mraysberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing 100 liters of ro water but it won't be Rady before 8 hours... I'll do 100 liters everyday for the next week at least I think... But my major worry are corals fish and the rest... What can I do?

You could go to quickly get some distilled water if you trying to spend a little extra just to do some type of water change

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could go to quickly get some distilled water if you trying to spend a little extra just to do some type of water change
Move everything in another Friend tank can harm it?
Is there any chance to save the animals? :(

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

If you have the salt to mix with the RO water and a small pump (or even air pump) for circulation you could move some of the corals and fish into a temporary container once you have even 15-20 liters of RO made.

Badguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course run carbon a lot , is there a UV connected to the system it helps breakdown. Also how many ML's of the stuff did she pour and what brand.... most of the perfumes are mostly alcohol... if it's some essential oil stuff its a different oily situation... Lastly, where the hell did she get that idea....? I'm going to have a talk with my wife and daughter lol.. seriously best of luck.

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a bad fight and she got mad...
I was about to lill her...

Badguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Move everything in another Friend tank can harm it?
Is there any chance to save the animals? :(
the fish and corals in and of themselves may not harm anything in his tank. If you do a Acclimation and don't pour the old water everything should be fine. What would worry me would be potential pests or pathogens in your fish or corals if you don't follow a QT process or if he doesn't follow QT. Apart from that all should be right as rain.

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the salt to mix with the RO water and a small pump (or even air pump) for circulation you could move some of the corals and fish into a temporary container once you have even 15-20 liters of RO made.
I have 2 brute containers of 100 liters each.
I can fill it up one with ro water Wich I guess will be ready in about 6 hours, add salt, leave it Mix for about one hour and put the corals and fish inside with a heater and a small pump.
In the meantime I can go and buy 300 liter of distilled water empty the thank and trow it inside with the rocks and salt. But I don't know if it could be a good idea... How would you do it?

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll use this episode to move house for sure... But first I want to make sure smto save my animals. No words..

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah the Skimmer is bubbling so I don't think is just alchool

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have 2 brute containers of 100 liters each.
I can fill it up one with ro water Wich I guess will be ready in about 6 hours, add salt, leave it Mix for about one hour and put the corals and fish inside with a heater and a small pump.
In the meantime I can go and buy 300 liter of distilled water empty the thank and trow it inside with the rocks and salt. But I don't know if it could be a good idea... How would you do it?
If you add 20 liters to the one and add the proper amount of salt and then manual stir hard until you get to the right salinity then you can add light circulation and some of the livestock as soon as you can get it to the same temperature. As soon as you pull the RO hose out of the first container start filling the other container and stop once you have another 20 liters, mix with salt, and then pump over to the first bucket. At that point you will have 40 liters in the first bucket with the fish and corals then you can focus on filling the second brute container with 100 liters to be used for a big water change in the main tank as well as little water changes in the first bucket. Good luck!

Badguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd do the move to your friends tank... do the 100 liter water change. wait for RO to refill mix that and then buy the 300 liters and do another water change.... then monitor water for any die off and PH swings.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the animals acting? Hiding, fast breathing, polyps closed, etc.
With the alcohol and such in those, I'd watch for a bacterial bloom since was a carbon dose, maybe add an air stone and point powerheads towards surface to keep o2 levels up.

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is night at the moment and fish are sleeping. It's hard to tell for the corals as well... My friend has a 2000 liter tank I can put everything in his sump which is huge so I can avoid some of the parasites or whatever is in his tank... The only problem would be light. Can they stay 4 days without any light? In this case in 4 days I could do a 400 liters water change. 200 the first two days using the gyre pumps to move the water and after two days another 200 and put everything back once done

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back