Urgent air perfumed freshener in tank

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey if she can dump stuff in the tank. What has she done to you without your knowledge, when she is mad at you.
Clearly she has no conscious or line on acts of vengeance.
I bet she uses your tooth brush to clean toilets, puts stuff in your food, and secretly is laughing inside every time she sees you use or eat tampered with stuff.

No sorry but I will call it as it is.
She needs to be removed from our society and put in jail and if that can't happen then clearly she needs mental help.

The funny part of this is some here will read my posts and think I am being over the top, and the one with the problem over her.
That my friend is why our world is the way it is today.

Well I hope your tank and YOU will survive her if you keep her around.

ZsWithTheFishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey if she can dump stuff in the tank. What has she done to you without your knowledge, when she is mad at you.
Clearly she has no conscious or line on acts of vengeance.
I bet she uses your tooth brush to clean toilets, puts stuff in your food, and secretly is laughing inside every time she sees you use or eat tampered with stuff.

No sorry but I will call it as it is.
She needs to be removed from our society and put in jail and if that can't happen then clearly she needs mental help.

The funny part of this is some here will read my posts and think I am being over the top, and the one with the problem over her.
That my friend is why our world is the way it is today.

Well I hope your tank and YOU will survive her if you keep her around.

OP disregard if you are $100 full on 2 cents, I know you're here for the fish. We all spend a little time joking about how far on the "crazy" spectrum we prefer. Some people err on side of emotional unavailability and some of us like a little car-keying, tv tipping spice from time to time ;)

Unfortunately society does not prepare men like it does women to identify the type of abuse in which there is no grey area: threatening to hurt / hurting pets, threatening to hurt / take away children, and actual, realistic attempts at harm to partners. And as quoted text stated one almost always leads to another. If you want someone that may burn down the house if you cheat on her, make sure you're confident that she would take the fish out first.

Hope your livestock are on the mend.

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning to leave, but first I'll take the tank out... How long can the tank can be without lights? I have to send my maxspect to repair

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning to leave, but first I'll take the tank out... How long can the tank can be without lights? I have to send my maxspect to repair
What state are you in? I don’t know trufully what someone close to you may have an extra light? Maybe a LFScould loan you a light? Mine has helped me that way when my AI light went out. Just a thought.
If the relationship is over and you have significant damage to equipment or livestock this could be a small claims case, to recoupe some cost, after the animals/tank is safely away from her! She could have just punched you or something!! No I don’t believe In that but this was a malicious act.

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from italy, it will take 3 to 4 days maximum to get it back. No one can borrow/loan me one

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I’m so sorry. I have an extra light but it would take longer than that to get it to you there. I’m in Wisconsin. Sorry. Hopefully someone knows more about how long without a light the tank can go. For fish it doesn’t matter but corals is a different story. I would
Think a few days.

TweakyReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If people recommend a 3 to 3.5 day blackout to eliminate nuisance algae, I would imagine you could make the trip with limited harm. This is however not including the fact you won't have any filters and pumps running either, so I can't provide a consensus on that unfortunately :(
I would imagine you could regulate the tanks temperature quite well with your cars heater/air-con.
As far as a light source to bring fish out of hiding and see food, some kind of non direct flashlight might do the trick.

These are just suggestions.

Good luck with the mission my friend, seems like the trip back might not be as deadly as keeping them in their current environment.

TweakyReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally thought you meant it is a 3-4 day trip to leave the girl haha. Oooops! Anywho the 3 to 3.5 blackout reference is still valid, ignore the rest! ;Happy

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
a couple of day ok, but you can get a par 38 bulb and clip on housing for about $30 to tie you over then use it for sump when you get your light back

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be prepared for a bacterial bloom from alcohol in the perfume. And subsequent oxygen drop.

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No light for 4 day depends if you have corals. Try to get any light on there as possible. Flashlight? Sunlight? Reading lamp?
Also ditch her no one has a right to kill out of anger.

1stNoel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 this is animal cruelty, she should be arrested. Dump her and never look back. Clearly she’s not very bright.

Not very bright indeed. Especially after spotting her a bottle of poison and a large number of defenseless fish trapped inside an inescapable container, and she can't kill even one. :)

"Like shooting fish in a barrel" clearly doesn't apply here.

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found an 8xt5 bulb of an old tank.
I'll switch it on leaving just 4 blue on.
Even if they are old I think for 3 days it doesn't matter, right??

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back