Urgent air perfumed freshener in tank

joeyamador

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awhile back my baby threw change in my sump on my 90 gal. And I ran and bought a storage container filled with my acclimation gear and restarted tank. Good chance to get some cheap emergency gear. I always have extra pumps,heaters,airstones/pumps etc... doesnt have to be expensive as it is for emergencies only. Good luck man!

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bacterial oom has come :( hope I'll not lose anything

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found an 8xt5 bulb of an old tank.
I'll switch it on leaving just 4 blue on.
Even if they are old I think for 3 days it doesn't matter, right??

(What I've read) - Corals and fish can go days and days.. perhaps a week or so, with drastically reduced light. In the wild, they deal with cloud cover, hurricanes, storms, beds of seawead, etc.

I would assume you're much better off with too little light than trying to approach the levels you had before. With a different light source and different spectrum, less is probably more.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

DuckyinthePotty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@OP - I think a short term black out would be okay but what you really need to be careful about is reintroducing light after the black out period. I've definitely killed some really nice corals with too much light. :( I hope the move goes as smoothly as possible.

If this girl is the love of your life and she's been starved for attention bc ur obsessing over .02 phosphate in an unhealthy way 6 hours a day, give up your tank.
As a girl, I think the gf should have taken responsibility to communicate that she doesn't like when her bf spends too much time with the tank; it's the mature thing to do especially if you want to be in a lasting relationship. If she has brought it up and he doesn't put in the effort to working it out with her, then he's just not that into her. Either way, it should not have ended up with an air freshener in the tank or physical injuries to anybody. Your hobby and interests are a part of who you are so asking you to give it up when you don't want to is kind of crappy. There are 7.5 billion people on this planet, chances are someone (who isn't your family) will love you for you.

I believe an acceptable amount of time has elapsed to share this. I apologize in advance for anyone I offend:). I hope everything goes well for you

This is hilarious! What makes it more funny is that it's true.

joeyamador

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can happen?
Bacterial blooms can come from time to time depending on Your setup.. example..when I started my first bare bottom tank every time I added fish and the bio load increased I would get a bacterial bloom...but after the 1 year mark I havent seen it.. on my smaller tanks I run uv if it happens...fixes it for me.

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys! Finally on Monday I will have my maxspect razor back!!! I've been keeping the tank with a 4x54 w blue plus ATI for a week. How do you suggest to set the razor to avoid any issues? I am talking about percentage and how many weeks.. I was to use the preset program for lps/sps
Thanks in advance!!!

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been moving in another house, now finally free from crazy people... The tank has 0 po4 due to rowaphos but still no3. How do you suggest to move now? Glass and rocks are green, I gave all my corals to some friends, just kept some acans and tomorrow I'll add some euphyllia that doesn't look happy in my friend tank.
Here a picture of the no3 salifert test.
Thanks guys /:)
342c4ed16d4dd1e49d23a360d240b6e8.jpg
6ee5df392350e1483a0d047744b90dab.jpg

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My girlfriend had the amazing idea to throw half bottle of air freshener in my thank.
Skimmer went nuts and I put 600 grams of carbon in my sump (the tank is 400 liters)
What else can I do?
I was thinking to move all the fishes corals and inverts in one of my friends tank. Can I do it or there is the risk to contaminate my friend tank?

This just ticked me off. Wow. I have never gotten so mad reading a post.

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already left her... Can you please gaumy help me with tank now? I don't even want to think anymore about that crazy one..

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already left her... Can you please gaumy help me with tank now? I don't even want to think anymore about that crazy one..

Im sorry I just got got mad when I read it lol I get things that have to do with animals VERY personal. And good for you. Anyway, everything will be okay with the tank. You are doing what are you supposed to do. The people here are very knowledgeable. :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.8%
  • None.

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back