Urgent! Can’t get in touch with Dr Reef :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my order not long ago and it is wrong. I received a Lamarcks angel instead of a female Bellus, and I did not receive the male lineatus I ordered. I have the angel in the bag currently and I do not want to keep it and I’m not sure what I need to do. I’ve tried texting, emailing, and calling which I know it may take a while for a response but I can’t leave this guy sitting in a bag for too long without knowing what the plan for him is so I’m panicking! I can put him in a bucket with an air stone for the time being but if requests to ship him back I’d rather leave as is! :( Any advice for immediate steps here would be appreciated.

OP
OP
lba4590

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May also be worth mentioning I don’t have any experience prepping fish to ship back so I don’t want to kill him in the transit bag by opening the back and repacking him! He does look very healthy, just not what I had ordered.

Last edited:

Benpastw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do you have a small qt tank you could put him in until you hear back? Maybe do a water change in your big tank and out the water from that in a qt, throw a hang on back filter (or powerhead for water movement) on it with a heater and you should be good to go, I don’t think the best case would be to ship the fish back in the same water he was shipped to you in as there’s only so much o2 in that bag and the temp of the water is likely to swing, imho.

OP
OP
lba4590

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a small qt tank you could put him in until you hear back? Maybe do a water change in your big tank and out the water from that in a qt, throw a hang on back filter (or powerhead for water movement) on it with a heater and you should be good to go, I don’t think the best case would be to ship the fish back in the same water he was shipped to you in as there’s only so much o2 in that bag and the temp of the water is likely to swing, imho.

I do have a small 10g coral QT I could put him in but I’m not sure how to handle the shipping process back. I guess for the time being he can go in there and I can figure that part out later. Thank you. I know I can’t leave him in this water. Maybe my LFS can help me.

Benpastw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh yea, if it comes down to you having to ship him back I’m sure your legs could help with that. Save the bag he’s in too, worst case of you have to do it you can return him in that, hope it works out for you and the lil guy!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting him to respond the last couple months has been rough as he is popular and overloaded. Hopefully he pulls through for you on this one

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course I can't speak for him or the specifics of your order but when I received an incorrect order from him I was not asked to return it. In my case since the new addition wasn't compatible with my current inhabitants I put it in an acclimation box in my tank and contacted my LFS to take it off my hands the next day.

OP
OP
lba4590

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course I can't speak for him or the specifics of your order but when I received an incorrect order from him I was not asked to return it. In my case since the new addition wasn't compatible with my current inhabitants I put it in an acclimation box in my tank and contacted my LFS to take it off my hands the next day.

Ohh that’s great to hear, of course I’ll wait back to hear from him but I’m seriously stressing lol! I don’t think this guy is compatible with my current fish, ive read they can be pretty bossy towards wrasses and I have a lot. I have him drip acclimating in a bucket now, he will be going into my coral tank for the time being. Thank you all. Hope to hear back from him soon.

On the bright side, the blue star leopard wrasse that I did order looks fantastic!

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
lba4590

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I’ve tried all 3 emails, text, PM, called several times and left a VM. He’s clearly a busy man lol.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea some see that as red flag . Nobody is ever going to ask you to ship a fish back that's 100% guaranteed. Either ask someone or bring it to your lfs if ya dont want it. Dont wait for an answer for him because hes not going to ask you to ship it back lol. I mean hes got good intention but i think the guy is just overwhelmed

OP
OP
lba4590

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea some see that as red flag . Nobody is ever going to ask you to ship a fish back that's 100% guaranteed. Either ask someone or bring it to your lfs if ya dont want it. Dont wait for an answer for him because hes not going to ask you to ship it back lol. I mean hes got good intention but i think the guy is just overwhelmed

Lol I wasn’t sure that was just an assumption on my end but I did get in touch with him, all is good!! He will be sending the right fish out to me!

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case of a wrong fish, its not worth sending back. simply take a pic and send me email or call me so i can arrange a replacement. Wrong fish is yours, so you can give it away, keep it or sell it. (this applies to everyone)
Thank you

Back