Urgent: Hurricane Irma power outage! Dead battery backup?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Molter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so I have and Ecotech battery backup and my power is out, but it powers one MP40 which was running on low mode earlier.
I came downstairs several hours later and noticed it was not running.
I've checked and make sure everything's plugged in properly.
The MP40's driver's light is green and it fades in and out twice, then quickly blinks red. I tried looking up this issue and wasn't able to find anything like this at all.

So have any of you seen this before, and can you truthfully tell me this doesn't mean my battery is dead?
:-(

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact Ecotech, could be the power supply to the battery backup isn't good or the battery.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My battery backup wasn't good, we tried a new power supply cord but it didn't fix it. Consensus was the battery wasn't good. It was plugged in for a couple years before it died.

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using battery backups for years on computers, the batteries only last 2 maybe 3 years tops depending on how much is plugged into them. tbh several hours of running anything is good IMO before they require re-charged. I am not sure how long eco-tech says one item will run for. Depends how much energy the item that you are powering requires.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the battery back up is good it can power a mp pump for hours. Since I just downsized tank and Mp40QD's down to mp10QDs I've added another battery back up so each mp10 has its own back up . Hopefully this will handle any power problem for awhile. I also have the battery operated air stones which have come in handy.

Back