URGENT One Spot Fox Face Rabbitfish Pimple/hole/bump!?

GoNextLevel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this foxface from a lfs the other day and it looked like it was just a laceration on the fish from bumping into rockwork. But over the past few days, it has gotten worse and now looks like a pimple with a hole in the middle of it. I am concerned it is some type of parasite and may infect my other fish. Does anyone know anything?

fox2.jpg fox.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this foxface from a lfs the other day and it looked like it was just a laceration on the fish from bumping into rockwork. But over the past few days, it has gotten worse and now looks like a pimple with a hole in the middle of it. I am concerned it is some type of parasite and may infect my other fish. Does anyone know anything?

fox2.jpg fox.jpg
What other fish are in with it? Another foxface or a tang could have nailed it. If it started up, with no prior injury, than that is weird - would have to be a primary bacterial infection, and those are pretty rare.

Jay

OP
OP
GoNextLevel

GoNextLevel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other fish are in with it? Another foxface or a tang could have nailed it. If it started up, with no prior injury, than that is weird - would have to be a primary bacterial infection, and those are pretty rare.

Jay
Yeah no thanks only clowns a wrasse blenny goby

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back