Urgent: Red Sea LED 90 lights off– No connection

BonelessEvil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
–SOLVED–

I cannot seem to connect my Reefer 425 XL deluxe to my Reef LED 90 lights. I lost connection to them after re-building my home network.

After that, I tried everything I could:
  • deleted the app on my phone, deleted the lights from the aquarium I set up inside the reef beat app
  • I reset the lights back to factory defaults
  • I restarted them by unplugging the power for 15 seconds
  • I held the button on each of the lights for 5 seconds as per the directions in the app
  • ONLY connecting to 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi
  • Restarted router and Wi-Fi access point
I keep getting "connection to device failed." Each time it seems my phone connects to the Wi-Fi of the light, gets a "incorrect password" then goes back to my Home Wi-Fi system. What seems to be wrong? This is urgent, as my lights have been off since about noon. I fear Red Sea will not get back to me until at least tomorrow, but probably later than that. I'm going to try calling them in the morning, if I can find a phone number​

Last edited:
OP
OP
BonelessEvil

BonelessEvil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried removing the connection to the light in your phones WiFi network settings? Maybe it saved the network name and password from the previous configuration?
Thank you. That was the one thing I didn't try. It worked, but NOT until I told my phone to forget the Reef LED 90 routers.

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. That was the one thing I didn't try. It worked, but NOT until I told my phone to forget the Reef LED 90 routers.
Hooray! Great job explaining the situation in your original post, it makes diagnosing much easier with full context.

For future reference the corals should be fine for well over a day without their light. Even with clams I used to do periodic black outs to help with algae and clean up the tanks appearance. I would leave them completely without light and cover the tank with a blanket for a day or two.

Persondood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same issue, however when I reset the light and delete it from the app it won’t show up in my wifi options on my phone and I’ve done everything else listed in this post. I’ve also taken it apart and replaced the little cv1220 battery inside, and it worked for a couple hours but now it is basically a brick with red lights in the back again. Any other ideas or do you think its worth me buying the top and bottom boards and replace them?

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same issue, however when I reset the light and delete it from the app it won’t show up in my wifi options on my phone and I’ve done everything else listed in this post. I’ve also taken it apart and replaced the little cv1220 battery inside, and it worked for a couple hours but now it is basically a brick with red lights in the back again. Any other ideas or do you think it’s worth me buying the top and bottom boards and replace them?
I’m having the exact same issues.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back