Uronema in QT with wrasses NEED ADVICE!

Brian Saxby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 dispars and 2 wrasses that came in Tuesday. One dispar didn’t make shipping so 2 anthias and 2 wrasses are in my 25G QT. one anthias died this morning (wed). I noticed a red blotch on its side and this afternoon the other, and last of the three anthias, has a red blotch and is breathing heavy...not looking good for the little guy. It looks like uronema blotches. The wrasses are fine and eating. I’m dosing copper power for the next 5 days to get the levels to 1.75. My question is what do from here with the wrasses. They are not showing any signs of stress or any signs of illness. I’ve never dealt with uronema or even wrasses in QT( these are my first 2 wrasses, a melanrus and Xmas). PLEASE ANY ADVICE!

nden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always had issues with treating uronema once symptoms appear. Usually with fishes that are prone to it, I already begin dosing metroplex from day 1. As an aside, I also keep the copper to a low level if I don't notice symptoms of velvet as copper really affects the fish's immune system.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 dispars and 2 wrasses that came in Tuesday. One dispar didn’t make shipping so 2 anthias and 2 wrasses are in my 25G QT. one anthias died this morning (wed). I noticed a red blotch on its side and this afternoon the other, and last of the three anthias, has a red blotch and is breathing heavy...not looking good for the little guy. It looks like uronema blotches. The wrasses are fine and eating. I’m dosing copper power for the next 5 days to get the levels to 1.75. My question is what do from here with the wrasses. They are not showing any signs of stress or any signs of illness. I’ve never dealt with uronema or even wrasses in QT( these are my first 2 wrasses, a melanrus and Xmas). PLEASE ANY ADVICE!
You can dose metronidazole for the next 10 days during copper and that will cover the Uronema component. If you had an anthias that for sure had Uronema then I would start the metro ASAP. Once a fish is symptomatic with Uronema you only have a 50/50 chance of successful treatment IME.

OP
OP
B

Brian Saxby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will general cure work? Furan 2? And can I treat with copper power?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back