Uronema?

DerekB4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it look like my Chromis is starting to get uronema? It’s been in my tank for about 3 weeks without a spot.

I just added some clowns over the weekend.

It looks like the same spot on both sides of the fish.

35E68C66-463D-4BE5-BA45-2FF1B2DAB620.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn’t a super clear photo, but it is either Uronema or a deep-seated bacterial infection. The location is very bad, over the abdomen. No treatment really, for internal issues like this. Sorry....
Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Agree with Jay, Not a rectal prolapse but possible bacterial infection. Not a good spot, but having nothing to lose, I would if in my case attempt a 90 minute bath with Ruby Rally reef/pro

OP
OP
DerekB4

DerekB4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang I’m struggling to keep fish in my tank. You think what the Chromis has will infect my 2 ocellaris clowns? Maybe it happened the other way around.

My corals seem to be doing great. I’m thinking about getting my water tested by aquabiomics to test the bacteria in my tank. Do you think that would be a good idea?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang I’m struggling to keep fish in my tank. You think what the Chromis has will infect my 2 ocellaris clowns? Maybe it happened the other way around.

My corals seem to be doing great. I’m thinking about getting my water tested by aquabiomics to test the bacteria in my tank. Do you think that would be a good idea?
I've never seen Uronema attack clownfish, so if that is the issue, they should be fine. Uronema is a protozoan, so any evaluation of the tank for bacteria won't tell you anything. I don't know if Aquabiomics screens for proto and metazoans, or just bacteria.

Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back