Ursula the Ribbon Eel gets a new tank and new friends!

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So cool! Are you worried about any of them munching on each other?

OP
OP
RC79ATC

RC79ATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So cool! Are you worried about any of them munching on each other?

The size comparisons between them makes me confident that they will coexist. The only real worry i have is with the frogfish and reef lobster. The frog is slow moving and lobsters are opportunistic...but so far they seem to be avoiding one another.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The concern would be the lobster injuring the frog, and they would likely not survive a bacterial infection. My ribbon eel was never happy in my 90g, how long is your tank.

OP
OP
RC79ATC

RC79ATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The concern would be the lobster injuring the frog, and they would likely not survive a bacterial infection. My ribbon eel was never happy in my 90g, how long is your tank.
Its 4' . Ursula isnt a wanderer and as long as she has enough pipe space, historically, to hide her body she is content. She has already started eating again so she seems happy.

And yeah, the lobster is the worry for sure. Atm he is staying way low in the tank and leaving everything alone. Will definitely keep an eye on him. When we picked up the Lobster it was in a reef tank with all sorts of tiny morsels so, he may be a good Tempered villain lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back