Used and New equipment for sale in Madison

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everyone,

I'm upgrading to a larger tank and have some used and new equipment to sell. I'm posting everything here in the Alabama forum to try to get local sales before posting to the general Reef2Reef sales forum. All of the used equipment is in absolutely perfect condition and comes with the original boxes. The new stuff is exactly that--new and unused in the original box. I can provide pictures if needed. Let me know if you have any questions!

Used equipment:
  • ATI 4 x 24" dimmable Sunpower T5 fixture, including 7 bulbs (four in various stages of use, three brand new): $375
  • Neptune DOS dosing pump: $250
  • Reef Octopus Classic 100 HOB protein skimmer: $125
  • Smart ATO Micro top-off system: $85
  • Innovative Marine Minimax Desktop All-In-One Media Reactor: $75
New equipment:
  • Jebao DP-4 dosing pump: $50
  • Marine Depot Overflow Box OF-300: $50
  • Skimz QuietPro 2.0 DC Controllable Pump: $75
  • Aquamaxx S-Nano Calcium Reactor: $75
  • 2 x Aqualifter pumps with holders: $20

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How good of shape is the HOB skimmer, I'm sort of interested to see if I could squeeze one onto the back of my Nuvo 20.

OP
OP
J

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How good of shape is the HOB skimmer, I'm sort of interested to see if I could squeeze one onto the back of my Nuvo 20.
That was exactly the setup I was running! I had it on the back of a Nuevo 20, and it worked great. It’s a little bit of a hassle getting the slimmer on and off of the tank because you have to disconnect the return pump plumbing to do it, but it was a fantastic combination for me.

The skimmer is in great shape—no scratches or cracks, etc. I’ve cleaned it up pretty well too. I have the original box and everything that came with it. Let me know if you have any questions, etc.

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was exactly the setup I was running! I had it on the back of a Nuevo 20, and it worked great. It’s a little bit of a hassle getting the slimmer on and off of the tank because you have to disconnect the return pump plumbing to do it, but it was a fantastic combination for me.

The skimmer is in great shape—no scratches or cracks, etc. I’ve cleaned it up pretty well too. I have the original box and everything that came with it. Let me know if you have any questions, etc.
I'm a little worried about how it would fit with my maxspect ethereal mount on the back panel of the aquarium, do you have any pictures of it on the back of the tank?

OP
OP
J

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
56FBEABE-20C6-4469-9166-6DA75F9E9C95.png
I'm a little worried about how it would fit with my maxspect ethereal mount on the back panel of the aquarium, do you have any pictures of it on the back of the tank?
This is unfortunately the only picture I have of the skimmer on the tank (I’ve already sold the tank). It’s a little difficult to see because of the lighting fixture. Are you near the Madison area? If you’re not too far away I’d be happy to bring it over and we could see how well everything fits.

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
56FBEABE-20C6-4469-9166-6DA75F9E9C95.png

This is unfortunately the only picture I have of the skimmer on the tank (I’ve already sold the tank). It’s a little difficult to see because of the lighting fixture. Are you near the Madison area? If you’re not too far away I’d be happy to bring it over and we could see how well everything fits.
Oh no haha, I'm in Pensacola, FL :)

I don't think it would fit on my tank in tat configuration since the mount for my light sits right where you have the skimmer.

OP
OP
J

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh no haha, I'm in Pensacola, FL :)

I don't think it would fit on my tank in tat configuration since the mount for my light sits right where you have the skimmer.
I didn’t realize that the light mounts right to the center of the back wall. You’re right—the skimmer would get in the way.

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t realize that the light mounts right to the center of the back wall. You’re right—the skimmer would get in the way.
Yea I was thinking I might be able to squeeze it in over to the side. Have the intake portion in the accessory chamber and the output in the center chamber and maybe still not take up the room for the light.

OP
OP
J

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I was thinking I might be able to squeeze it in over to the side. Have the intake portion in the accessory chamber and the output in the center chamber and maybe still not take up the room for the light.
I don’t think the skimmer pump fits in the accessory chamber, unfortunately. I think the only option with this skimmer is to mount it in the middle chamber.

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think the skimmer pump fits in the accessory chamber, unfortunately. I think the only option with this skimmer is to mount it in the middle chamber.
That's unfortunate, I'm running the ghost skimmer now and it is so bad. Thanks for helping me figure out if it fits or not though :)

OP
OP
J

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's unfortunate, I'm running the ghost skimmer now and it is so bad. Thanks for helping me figure out if it fits or not though :)
No problem. You might consider the other Reef Octopus HOB skimmers—they have the pump inside the skimmer body instead, and you might be able to mount those with the intake in the accessory chamber.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back