Useful Tips to Nurse an Injured Scoly Back to Health

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so i just got 3 beautiful mini Scolys (well actually 4) at an incredible price today but when the shop went to go pack my order they messaged me that there was a problem. Apparently one of the Scolys (my personal favorite) had been injured and seems to be losing tissue. The shop owner was an honest guy. He not only messaged me immediately after noticing and let me pick a different piece to replace it but also gave me the injured one for free to try to nurse back to health as well. What course of action should i take here? I've never had mini Scolys before but this one is really beautiful and I really want to nurse it back to health. Any tips? Here's a pic. Screenshot_2023-02-23-18-56-06-834_jp.naver.line.android.jpg

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stable parameters, avoid moving it around and make an offering to Poseidon. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Yeah, putting it in a stable system, well temperature controlled and everything as well as dosing amino acids, AF Phyto Mix, and Vitamarin-M to give it all the essential vitamins and minerals which may help it to recover. I did get it for free after all so hey, i don't have much to lose here...i do hope i can save it though.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, putting it in a stable system, well temperature controlled and everything as well as dosing amino acids, AF Phyto Mix, and Vitamarin-M to give it all the essential vitamins and minerals which may help it to recover. I did get it for free after all so hey, i don't have much to lose here...i do hope i can save it though.
As long as you don't have any coral disturbers, it should be fine. The biggest challenge in my tank is ensuring the reef inhabitants don't continually knock things over...

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a coral and inverts only tank atm so i don't think that's a concern. I even plan on having it rest on the sandbed until it's fully recovered and may decide to leave it there even after recovery.
As long as you don't have any coral disturbers, it should be fine. The biggest challenge in my tank is ensuring the reef inhabitants don't continually knock things over...

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, didn't get much feedback here but the good news is that after lights out he fully extended his tentacles to feed and i fed some reef Roids...since this tank is fishless maybe i can even feed him some mysis. Gotta be good news that he's still trying to feed!

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, didn't get much feedback here but the good news is that after lights out he fully extended his tentacles to feed and i fed some reef Roids...since this tank is fishless maybe i can even feed him some mysis. Gotta be good news that he's still trying to feed!
Try feeding pellet food, Nyos LPS I’ve tried recently and all scolys accept it eagerly. What a difference this particular pellet made. I feed with a tube, a few pellets to each scoly

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back