Using Apex Neptune COR-15 on a Red Sea Reefer 170

bigdreadk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have an Apex Neptune COR-15 setup as my return pump on a Red Sea Reefer 170 (Total tank volume 43 gal, 34 gal display, 9 gal sump). I have the pump running at a max speed of 42% and the water level in the overflow is stable and quiet. Was curious if anyone’s running this same pump on their 170 and what’s the max and minimum speed you’ve adjusted to? Thanks!

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have that pump, but I just bought this tank. But I did look up the pump, and at 5ft of head pressure, which is about the height of the 170, the output is about 700gph at 100%. Red Sea recommends 10X turnover through your sump, so you would need something closer to 400gph. You said you have the max speed at 42%, so that is about right.

OP
OP
bigdreadk

bigdreadk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have that pump, but I just bought this tank. But I did look up the pump, and at 5ft of head pressure, which is about the height of the 170, the output is about 700gph at 100%. Red Sea recommends 10X turnover through your sump, so you would need something closer to 400gph. You said you have the max speed at 42%, so that is about right.
Much appreciated! Thanks for looking into that info Jonify.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not find the Red Sea recommended sump flow can you point me to where they say 10 X times flow is that per hour? it seems quite high.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back