Using aquascape to deal with scratched glass

Michael White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started working on aquascaping my new 210,... and I dropped a piece of liverock and scratched the front glass panel, almost dead center. It is not cracked but the scratch is deep enough to catch a fingernail. So is there a way to use the aquascape to minimize the appearance of the scratch? As in using a ledge or overhang near that area to keep it from becoming a focal point? I think if it is in a negative space area, the black background behind it will make it stand out more, especially because I imagine it will fill in with coraline algae over time.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your best bet is to make sure there is something inside that draws the eye. You will always see it, but others will look beyond it if there is something colorful.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your best bet is to make sure there is something inside that draws the eye. You will always see it, but others will look beyond it if there is something colorful.

There is a l of wisdom there. I once spent hoursss using toothpaste and other fine grinding compounds. I removed the scratch line to be replaced by a patch of hazy glass.

@lapkin
Do I know you from the Austin Reef Club?

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I know you from fig trees????????
I think so.
Totally missed who that was for, but I’m also into fig trees and bought a few from a guy in the Austin area last year

No worries. We kinda hijacked your thread. I have two fig cultivates, Brown Turkey & Celiste. where do you live to have so many fig trees?

@Michael White,
I am very much into natural systems that recycle inorganic & organic nutrients into live food for hungry mouths.

PS
I will join you on your tank build thread and we can chat more.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back