Using ATO as a means of connecting 2 systems together?

Danmuges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using my picture as reference, I'm trying to figure out a way to connect a nano (which would sit on the white stand) to my 6 foot frag system without drilling any holes. Basically I want to eliminate the need of testing 2 tanks or running multiple heaters as it would all be tied in with the frag system.
My question is if I was to run an ato so the low level sensor is raised above the waterline so it is constantly filling (or shutting off if a certain water level is achieved.
Is this possible?

20220107_220040.jpg

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it is possible but would be extremely hard on the pump used and working the logistics out might be a nightmare

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that ATO pump running continually is going to burn out very quick

I guess you could design some type of closed loop pump system with two pumps and pvc, but it would be bulky and if there were any interference in the flow (which would be very likely) it’d drain one tank while overflowing the other :/

FullSend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use a dosing pump and a float, but at some point it's just going to be easier to drill the tank.

I guess you could also just manually move water back and forth with a pitcher instead

Back