Using half of Safety Stop Ways to save money!!

crocodile receptionist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a tang from the store and I am going to use safety stop rapid fish quarantine. I was wondering if I can do half a gallon of water and half the packet. I'm only acclimating one fish and I think it's wasteful to have to use the whole thing and 2 gallons of water. Let me know if anyone knows if it's possible, I think this could help fellow refers save money.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several problems with this. seems a silly way to save money in an already expensive hobby. safety stop is already a half measure seems silly to do anything that might decrease its efficacy seems dubious. The first major problem I see is how you will accurately divide the dosage? I also am concerned that they use 2 gal to provide adequate volume for fish waste and oxygenation, and halving the volume could damage the fish. Then there is the question of how the medications are stored, do they degrade or change potency when exposed to air? I don't think this is an effective way to save money considering the cost is so low, and the potential for issues is high.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back