Using industrial wire shelving as an aquarium stand.

thegrayreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have a 75 gallon tank that I am looking into getting a new stand for and I was wondering if anyone here had any recomendations or experience using freestanding industrial wire shelving as an aquarium stand.

LiquidEric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have a 75 gallon tank that I am looking into getting a new stand for and I was wondering if anyone here had any recomendations or experience using freestanding industrial wire shelving as an aquarium stand.
No matter how careful you are rust is an issue if it is galvanized or powder coated you may get away with it but otherwise rust is your enemy

Not_Eeyore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an acrylic 75. 7/8 painted sub-floor under the rack wheels and under the tank.
1624761907803.png

Not_Eeyore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want a NSF wet rated rack with adequate per shelf weight allowance. Rustolem rust reformer is great for touch ups. The wall of water has been going for 3 years. Custom 65 on the left, 70 long in the center, and a 55 frag on the right.
1624762413233.png

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back