Using Metro and Focus and its effects on inverts

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if I used metro and focus on food, and the food escapes the fish and onto corals, anemones or crabs. Would it do them any harm?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say yes....

Directions

Dosing in Water

Remove all invertebrates - these are extremely sensitive to medication. Turn off UV filters, ozone filters, and remove chemical filtration like MatrixCarbon™ and Purigen®. Use 1-2 measures (included) per every 40 L (10 US gallons). Repeat this dose every 48 hours for up to 3 weeks or until symptoms disappear.

OP
OP
Taiyaki.Visuals

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say yes....

Directions

Dosing in Water

Remove all invertebrates - these are extremely sensitive to medication. Turn off UV filters, ozone filters, and remove chemical filtration like MatrixCarbon™ and Purigen®. Use 1-2 measures (included) per every 40 L (10 US gallons). Repeat this dose every 48 hours for up to 3 weeks or until symptoms disappear.

So focus doesn't bind the med? if its in food?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Focus does bind most of the medication. You mix it with the meds and it forms a paste. It will start dissolving once its in the water.
Your question was can it harm the inverts if they eat it and the answer is yes according to the SeaChem web site. However they do say in later instructions it is safe with inverts if mixed with focus. So I assume they mean if the fish eats it all and the inverts eat none. Maybe in small doses its not that harmful.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back