Utah Marine Aquarium Society

eagleeyez5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I want give a huge thank you to reef2reef for putting this section on here for us.

UTMAS is a local non profit club who works hand in hand with our local aquarium, The Living Planet Aquarium. We usually have our meetings at their facility the third Thursday of each month.

Http://www.UTMAS.com

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way to go Jerry. I didn't even know about this. Goes to show how much I get around.

OP
OP
eagleeyez5

eagleeyez5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad, I know how much you get around. Lol. I hope to see you at this first meeting, there is "word on the street" if you come you may see something before anyone else in the state.

We are loving the support of th LPA, they are even allowing us to setup display tanks for the meetings, so there will be awsome corals there for sale.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad, I really need to come by one of these times and see that masterpiece of yours. Are you doing the reef tour? If so, I will definitely come by then.

Come onto our site and register as well...if you have not done so already. We really would love to have your input and expertise. Let us know too if there is something you think you would like to see on our site or at meetings.

- Terence

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will do that , and yes Terance, I will be on the reef tour again this year. It will be my sixth year in a row. You dont have to wait for the tour though, you can stop by anytime.

OP
OP
eagleeyez5

eagleeyez5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will do that , and yes Terance, I will be on the reef tour again this year. It will be my sixth year in a row. You dont have to wait for the tour though, you can stop by anytime.

Brad, I am on my way there now....jk its like 1 in the morning...

Anyway, I just wanted to update that the Meeting on March 18 was great, we had an LED presentation and learned that the cost of running MH's and T5's, when including the cost of bulb replacement, is nearly the same.

But that LEDs blow them away.....$18 per year on a 64 LED fixture as apposed to $71 per year on a 250 watt MH.

We also go a sneak peek at the new Penguin Exhibit before it opens the end of this month.

There were also tons of free corals given away at the raffle, and with around 60 people there, I think everyone left with at least two free frags..

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you had a great success for your first meeting. I was in Marine Aquatics over the weekend and heard a few people talking about what a great time they had. Sorry I missed it, but that night was my B-day, and had prior commitments.
Will try to be there next month Jerry. Thanks for the update and I'm glad it went well for you.

Amie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad, your fishcam is really sweet! Was that hard to set up? Do you have your camera hooked to the computer or is it wireless? I'd love to be able to do this, I just don't know how. I think I should have all the equipment though. What software do you use? Too many question?

- Amie

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually a friend of mine hooked it up for me. He recommended the camera and I bought it and he came over and installed it for me. Panasonic BL-C111
Its wired to my router.

chk4tix

Not a bot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is the first day I actually looked at the club forums and look what I find....Hello everyone!

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jeff, This is my favorite place to hang out. Glad to see you found it. No bickering here, just a great bunch of people.

OP
OP
eagleeyez5

eagleeyez5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, Reef2Reef is great. They have done a great job in supporting UTMAS.

Quick update on Tonights meeting:

It was fantastic.

We did a behind the scenes tour at the Living Planet Aquarium, as well as had a BBQ for everyone. We didn't expect that many people to show up, so we ran out of hotdogs right at the end. It was nearly perfect since a few dozen people ate before coming (having forgotten that we were serving food).

Stay posted for next months meeting, you do not want to miss it.

Also, we have the best T-Shirts around if your a fish geek. Check out them out. UTMAS T-Shirts

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R cardnick!

Back