• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Utter Chaos Colony Rock (300 heads!!) For Sale

Jason sun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extremely hard to find hobbyist wants to buy something around 300p even $3pp.
If you dump to local fish stores they will low ball you. You even won't get anything close to $500 from LFS.
If you chop to 100 frags, it will be hard to find 100 buyers. lol
This is the common issue of those colonies. GLWS

OP
OP
Phil D.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extremely hard to find hobbyist wants to buy something around 300p even $3pp.
If you dump to local fish stores they will low ball you. You even won't get anything close to $500 from LFS.
If you chop to 100 frags, it will be hard to find 100 buyers. lol
This is the common issue of those colonies. GLWS
Thanks!!

OP
OP
Phil D.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok folks, I found my wife's sunshade which allowed me to get a great picture with out the blues of some polyps!!!!

-3194652039999434197.jpg

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice colony! I got all excited when I saw $500 and almost messaged you and then scroll down a bit.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your asking price is fair it’s just gonna take a little time to find the right buyer.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful, thats a $5000 coral all day long! probably closer to $14,000
There's definitely value to an entire rock covered in zoanthids. But it's not as simple as multiplying the price per polyp. Most sellers get away with that when they have 5-10 polyps on a plug, but when you have an entire rock of them the value doesn't add up that way. As you add more polyps, the price per polyp begins to diminish and at about polyp 30 the price is already at 5-10% of the original per polyp price. Continue to use that equation, at 300 you're talking pennies for the polyp.

For me, once I purchase a plug of zoanthids and put them in my tank, the value of that zoa turned to zero, the only way I'd add the same zoanthid to my tank is if someone gave it to me.

I'm sure somewhere in the business world there's an exact formula that is followed in situations like this, none the less in this case that rock is more valuable to the owner than it is to anyone else, and that's why I said just keep it and enjoy it.

yepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$300 would be fair, this is being sold as colony not per polyps.

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Daddy-O !! I did my research on polyp prices and yes, at 300 heads it would be $7500.

This may sound harsh but you need to hear it:

You are adding up retail prices of a very common strain of a very common coral that grows like weeds and selling in bulk at per polyp prices.

Its kinda like a drug dealer selling a pound at per gram prices, its actually exactly that.

If you want to make 1000 frag it onto 10 tiles of 30 polyps and sell them for 100. You could make more frags to make more $ or could probably charge more than 100 for 30 polyps. But nobody is gonna pay 1000 for that as nice as it looks.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back