UV benefits and downside?

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does UV have any sort of benefits or downside? My tank is 36 gallons with an 18 gallons sump. And was thinking to add a UV to fight dinos. I have bunch of corals. Does it have any benefits? Or any downside?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does UV have any sort of benefits or downside? My tank is 36 gallons with an 18 gallons sump. And was thinking to add a UV to fight dinos. I have bunch of corals. Does it have any benefits? Or any downside?
That's a pretty broad question... There are a lot of threads already on R2R about UV. Try a quick search :)

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it when I had dinos but it depends on the species of dino if it will help or not . There's a couple current active dino threads going on that maybe of help to you .

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back