UV flow rate to kill dinos? UV classic 57

Mafiaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just wondering what other people are using as flow rates, the website suggested flow rates are kind of insane and i've read countless threads with contradicting information.

I'm currently battling a dino problem in my tank, I was dosing NOPOX and it went away then I stopped with NOPOX and went back to ROWA.

I setup a classic 57 watt uv currently running at 920gph. I have a 260 gal tank (including sump) and the dino issue seems tough to battle, I'm wondering if i should lower the GPH for more contact? At night i can see the dino is no longer on the sand and comes back to the sandbed when the lights go on, so it's clear it's the free floating kind.

Anyone have experience with this UV in a similar size tank?

thanks

The Ginga Ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just wondering what other people are using as flow rates, the website suggested flow rates are kind of insane and i've read countless threads with contradicting information.

I'm currently battling a dino problem in my tank, I was dosing NOPOX and it went away then I stopped with NOPOX and went back to ROWA.

I setup a classic 57 watt uv currently running at 920gph. I have a 260 gal tank (including sump) and the dino issue seems tough to battle, I'm wondering if i should lower the GPH for more contact? At night i can see the dino is no longer on the sand and comes back to the sandbed when the lights go on, so it's clear it's the free floating kind.

Anyone have experience with this UV in a similar size tank?

thanks
Needs to be very high flow rate. Protozoas reproduce quickly AND they're not super resilient to UV. Run it high, always or Dinos. Here's the method I use to get rid of dinos in 8 days, it includes a UV sterilizer run at high flow.

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been running a Ultra Violet 57W on a 225 since Sunday to battle Dinos. Pump is a Ecotech Vectra L2 running @ 10% via Mobius. All Dinos are gone...........................for now.

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Will add that I've been dosing MB7 in the morning and Food Grade 12% perioxide at night.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back