UV Sterilizer for IM AIO 80 Gallon

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get a UV sterilizer for my 80 gallon, innovative, marine, shallow, reef aquarium. Any suggestions I used their MIDSIZE UV sterilizer for my 40 AIO
but I’m not sure that’ll work on an 80, looking for help haven’t been able to find one that can be put in chamber

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a coral life UV for my IM80. I cut a piece of egg crate to fit nicely over the return chamber and it sits on that with the pump in the return chamber. Works really well. The IM one is just too small for that that IMO.

OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you would u happen to have a picture, I think I understand what you did just want to make sure! I so appreciate you reading my post and replying, I have been researching all day, ugh!

OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a coral life UV for my IM80. I cut a piece of egg crate to fit nicely over the return chamber and it sits on that with the pump in the return chamber. Works really well. The IM one is just too small for that that IMO.
Thank you would u happen to have a picture, I think I understand what you did just want to make sure! I so appreciate you reading my post and replying, I have been researching all day, ugh!

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best pic but it will give you the idea.
IMG_20230406_214530060_MP.jpg

OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the egg crate you are talking about a hard foam? I have been looking for what you used thanks Lauren

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • None.

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back