UV Sterilizer

sefelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't figure what to do with the hosing for my UV sterilizer (old Aqua UV 25W). One connects to somewhere on the return pump (or it's own return pump) and the other goes where in that tight space? I thought I heard not in the sump but with my set up from craigslist it seems like I have to. Should I connect it through my macroalgae reactor or the skimmer?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't figure what to do with the hosing for my UV sterilizer (old Aqua UV 25W). One connects to somewhere on the return pump (or it's own return pump) and the other goes where in that tight space? I thought I heard not in the sump but with my set up from craigslist it seems like I have to. Should I connect it through my macroalgae reactor or the skimmer?

Maybe post pictures of the space you have and we could suggest a spot. IMO also a separate pump for uv is best so it can be dialed in properly

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several ways of going about it— some more ‘sophisticated/elaborate’ than others— but for now if you just want to get it up and running (and see whether it is making a difference in your tank), I’d just hook it up to a cheap pump and pump it TO the UV unit from one end of the sump and out OF the UV unit back to a different area of the sump. (Preferably back to the section that holds your return pump back to your display tank.). Like I say, you can tinker more down the road— such as plumbing the output right to the display tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back