UV suggestions for Ostreopsis- nano 12 gallon

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes lol most likely but

creativity: simply dont squirt those areas w the peroxide you can dab around em. use perx on a wet paper towel and stamp the areas.

the truth is we expect some follow up work a week or two from now, its not about the initial kill being total. just a good round attempt on the rocks is good enough, the hammering we do to the sandbed is the real joy and effect. we rob those aggregates of communal mass, heck even very light peroxide dosing right into the water in the clean condition might kill the rest and would be harmless, I have 100% certainty the rip clean wont harm and 98% certainty the act alone w cure that low level dinos. and if it doesnt, you will have a long time before they can ever remass like above to plan and find a preventative.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my vase at sixteen, rip cleaned two days ago coincidentally
It was very gunked with age before a reef dentist visit for sure. 20210622_150538.jpg

All that coral is in one gallon, it has a very advanced aging rate due to feed consumed + waste detritus made by the starfish and corals and pods. They hide in the rocks during the holding time my sand is mainly just waste every few years.

That was a total sandbed change out there the rocks cannot have any algae to attach as they are 100% coral mouths every square centimeter

OP
OP
BanjoBandito

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my vase at sixteen, rip cleaned two days ago coincidentally
It was very gunked with age before a reef dentist visit for sure. 20210622_150538.jpg

All that coral is in one gallon, it has a very advanced aging rate due to feed consumed + waste detritus made by the starfish and corals and pods. They hide in the rocks during the holding time my sand is mainly just waste every few years.

That was a total sandbed change out there the rocks cannot have any algae to attach as they are 100% coral mouths every square centimeter
Funny enough, this 12 gallon nano is my "upgrade" from my 3 gallon PICO reef. I never had much coral in mine though aside from Kenya tree and xenia....and a favia I'm trying to "save" now. lol. Never had livestock though. I transferred the rock from my PICO to the new tank, obviously to not worry about "cycling" much. I still can't figure out where the dinos came from but maybe from some of the coral or livestock I added? No idea.

It looks great by the way.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back