V-Large acro colony for sale or trade (Local only; too big to ship)

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Folks,

In the middle of a re-aquascape project and this colony needs a new BIGGER home. It has been ID'd by @C. Eymann (the acro ID guy) as tricolor valida and I concur. The color of the pic is fairly accurate. Without filter under bluish light it looks more blue. It was previously cooking under about 475 PAR but has adjusted fine at 350 presently. Roughly 12" X 18".

Extremely healthy. No pests, no bite marks.

Sale or acropora trade offers welcomed.

1603827846534.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would love this but in Wisconsin

OP
OP
S

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love this but in Wisconsin

It really is a classic and grows like mad but in a very nice form

It does belong in a tank of your size and history, but I cannot picture how to get it there safely in one piece. A couple of my LFS have space, but I have enough store credit these days.

Sorry you folks now gotta go through this C19 stuff. Was a pretty dark spring for us to get through. Stay safe up there.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really is a classic and grows like mad but in a very nice form

It does belong in a tank of your size and history, but I cannot picture how to get it there safely in one piece. A couple of my LFS have space, but I have enough store credit these days.

Sorry you folks now gotta go through this C19 stuff. Was a pretty dark spring for us to get through. Stay safe up there.
Can I ask what LFS you use? I can’t find any that will take frags for store credit.

OP
OP
S

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask what LFS you use? I can’t find any that will take frags for store credit.

Honestly I don't know that either of these would regularly take stuff in "off the street". But I've known both owners very well for a long time. I am also price competitive with their wholesalers and transshippers. That is a key point. Gross margins on corals are big, but net income margins for LFS retail sales is about ZERO. Their only money-maker is service accounts.

Greenwich Aquaria is one and Life Aquatic of New Canaan is the other. The owners are both real hobbyists and good, honest, hardworking people.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I don't know that either of these would regularly take stuff in "off the street". But I've known both owners very well for a long time. I am also price competitive with their wholesalers and transshippers. That is a key point. Gross margins on corals are big, but net income margins for LFS retail sales is about ZERO. Their only money-maker is service accounts.

Greenwich Aquaria is one and Life Aquatic of New Canaan is the other. The owners are both real hobbyists and good, honest, hardworking people.
I know both. Thanks. I won’t bug them, though.

OP
OP
S

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a correction to make on the dimensions. Looking through glass/water and trying to eyeball it is deceiving.

It is 14 X 11" and has a very strong roughly 3" base to secure it to the reef.

Guytrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a correction to make on the dimensions. Looking through glass/water and trying to eyeball it is deceiving.

It is 14 X 11" and has a very strong roughly 3" base to secure it to the reef.

Hello. Would you be able to post a few more pics ? Interested but trying to understand the shape

OP
OP
S

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Would you be able to post a few more pics ? Interested but trying to understand the shape
I'll try, but my photo skills are limited. For proportion, the frag racks are 16" long. The height from the cut base to the highest branch in the back is around 5-6 inches.

This colony needs some pretty strong, dynamic flow. It is in about 350-400 hybrid PAR now and happy. In the display it was closer to 500. It did fine for years with low but >0 nutrient, but has been much happier with high nutrient. NO3 > 10, PO4 > .08

My LFS has a potential buyer lined up, but as a Christmas present so no rush.

face.jpg Profile.jpg White.JPG Closer.JPG IMG-4754.jpg

Guytrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try, but my photo skills are limited. For proportion, the frag racks are 16" long. The height from the cut base to the highest branch in the back is around 5-6 inches.

This colony needs some pretty strong, dynamic flow. It is in about 350-400 hybrid PAR now and happy. In the display it was closer to 500. It did fine for years with low but >0 nutrient, but has been much happier with high nutrient. NO3 > 10, PO4 > .08

My LFS has a potential buyer lined up, but as a Christmas present so no rush.

face.jpg Profile.jpg White.JPG Closer.JPG IMG-4754.jpg
pics came out fine. That’s about where my nutrients are. I only have one spot without re-scapping which I just did a few months ago. Was thinking to the right where the green monti is. The monti is apx 10x 12. Not concerned about flow but perhaps lighting. Not sure of par in that area

5D25FF66-7AE0-4A69-AC8E-937A0D80AB61.jpeg E22A16CB-C19F-4C4C-87D3-403E17F87D34.jpeg CFE47442-55C0-4E98-95F2-74939E0A477F.jpeg 2393B018-192B-43E9-B6D2-784E169EBD6B.jpeg

OP
OP
S

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous tank. Cleary this colony would be in good hands. That is some serious fish poop (the ideal coral food IMO) you have flying in there.

You may have a point about lighting there. Maybe just the picture angle, but I feel like I see:
a) a shadow across the back third of the green monti (easily fixed?)
b) A coverage gap up top. Is that a 48" AL hybrid fixture over a 60" tank? (or a 60" over a 72"?)
c) are those xr30s or Hydra 26s?

Can you borrow a PAR meter? How far are you from 06840? My LFS has one he might loan out with a credit card deposit.

Guytrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous tank. Cleary this colony would be in good hands. That is some serious fish poop (the ideal coral food IMO) you have flying in there.

You may have a point about lighting there. Maybe just the picture angle, but I feel like I see:
a) a shadow across the back third of the green monti (easily fixed?)
b) A coverage gap up top. Is that a 48" AL hybrid fixture over a 60" tank? (or a 60" over a 72"?)
c) are those xr30s or Hydra 26s?

Can you borrow a PAR meter? How far are you from 06840? My LFS has one he might loan out with a credit card deposit.

Shadow is just the montIs shape/ It is 60”of lighting -3 radians w hybrid 5’ lamps( 2 blue and 2 purple) over a 6x’ tank. I can borrow a par meter from my lfs. Gps saying an hour and 30 to your location

Guytrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shadow is just the montIs shape/ It is 60”of lighting -3 radians w hybrid 5’ lamps( 2 blue and 2 purple) over a 6x’ tank. I can borrow a par meter from my lfs. Gps saying an hour and 30 to your location
And thanks for the compliment on the tank

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I must have this piece

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back