V2 optical sensors - upgrade kit available for DDR dosing reservoirs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Neptune is finally addressing the well known issues with their problem plagued V1 optical sensors with the recent release of the new V2 optical sensors. My question is, will an upgrade kit with the V2 optical sensors be available for the DDR dosing reservoirs?

U

User1

View Badges
Looks like Neptune is finally addressing the well known issues with their problem plagued V1 optical sensors with the recent release of the new V2 optical sensors. My question is, will an upgrade kit with the V2 optical sensors be available for the DDR dosing reservoirs?

I was actually going to ask this - thanks for beating me to it!

Better yet will all sensors they are selling be automatically discontinued and the new ones being standard offering now moving forward across all product lines.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone who bought some optical sensors from the Neptune Store recently said that they were different than the old ones.
Longer plastic sleeves surrounding the cord entry point, which would make sense as this is where the old ones would leak and then fail.
But I haven't looked at any of the new ones myself. Probably should order a few and compare to the originals.

For sensors in already purchased DDRs, my guess is that they'll use the new sensors to fix any unit sent in for repair, but that's it.
I would like to see the new sensors with the proper connector for the DDR made available for separate purchase.
Replacing the sensor in a DDR is not so difficult that it needs to be sent in, imo.

U

User1

View Badges
Someone who bought some optical sensors from the Neptune Store recently said that they were different than the old ones.
Longer plastic sleeves surrounding the cord entry point, which would make sense as this is where the old ones would leak and then fail.
But I haven't looked at any of the new ones myself. Probably should order a few and compare to the originals.

For sensors in already purchased DDRs, my guess is that they'll use the new sensors to fix any unit sent in for repair, but that's it.
I would like to see the new sensors with the proper connector for the DDR made available for separate purchase.
Replacing the sensor in a DDR is not so difficult that it needs to be sent in, imo.

Maybe if enough of us pester them they will consider it. These should be easier on the supply chain than the trident so one would think it possible. I've not had any issues with my ATO so far but it is only a year old. I would upgrade though just to be safe / piece of mind if it was offered.

Evaaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree that they should make V2 DDR replacement optical sensors available. I just ordered a second DDR from marine depot that arrived today because I am switching to Triton and it has old sensors and a broken sensor mount :mad:. I have heard that new inventory has the V2 sensors but not sure when the cut in was and no way to tell what you are getting. I may just return the one I got and wait. No sense on getting a DDR that is just going to fail in a few months and then be down anyways waiting for repair. I know BRS was out of stock of the DDR a week ago so they probably have the most current inventory.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Followup:

So I did order some OSes from the Neptune Store. They are of the new design being used for the ATK.
This design eliminates the plastic sleeve around the cord insertion site, which could and frequently would leak.
These have the cord embedded within some plastic or epoxy which should and hopefully will be waterproof.

New OS:

IMG_6566b.jpg
IMG_6568b.jpg

Old OS:

leaking os.jpg

This one had failed on me and when I removed it, was obviously leaking crud at the cord insertion.
As I've mentioned before, I do not believe that the original style OSes were designed to be fully submerged.
Looking at the same sensor sold by others, it's always shown as being installed through a bulkhead, with the cord remaining dry.

OP
OP
Water Dog

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the question is, will they sell them in pairs with the DDR to DOS wiring connection for us gen 1 DDR owners...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back