Vacation feeding tips?

TheWackyWiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I'm planning ahead to a 5 day vacation I have coming up and am looking for advice. Unfortunately, my wife and I recently moved so I don't really have anyone I can ask to feed my fish.

I've got a small clown, a small chalkbass, a small orange lined cardinal and a two spot goby. I'll have an ATO running while gone so I'm not worried about evaporation.

But I am worried about feeding. By now all my fish have been moved over to frozen mysis/brine shrimp and they don't seem interested in pellets any more. So I am wondering:

1. Has anyone tried adding a ton of copepods right before leaving as a way for the fish to feed?
  2. Do you have any pellets/flakes recommendations? Maybe I just need to try a different brand.
Anyways, thanks for the guidance!

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can start with the pellets now to get them eating them.

Pods could help but again if they are not used to eating them, chances are they won’t bother.

You could try your LFS see if they do a feeding service or even a dog Walker will probably feed your tank for you. Couple of visits will be all that is needed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheWackyWiz

TheWackyWiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly fish can do without food for 5 days if needed. You can feed heavy before you leave or clip some nori inside the tank to last a couple days. Otherwise, auto feed pellets or ask a new friend you trust to feed.
Yeah I might overthinking it. I'm gunna try a couple different pellets and see if I can get them eating.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheWackyWiz

TheWackyWiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can start with the pellets now to get them eating them.

Pods could help but again if they are not used to eating them, chances are they won’t bother.

You could try your LFS see if they do a feeding service or even a dog Walker will probably feed your tank for you. Couple of visits will be all that is needed.
Hadn't thought of my LFS, that's a good idea. Thanks!

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back