Vacation feeding

Marinenewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fairly new to this and have not been away from the tank and don’t have an auto feeder. My question is would my fish (small cow fish, coral beauty, red scooter Blenny, lined Blenny, pipefish, blue-green Cromis) be ok for two days if I feed them a cube of Mysis and a cube of blood worms in one of those feeders that sticks to the side with little holes in it? I could also put a couple algae tabs on the bottom for the snails and sprinkle a few flakes on top? I mean I know it’s not ideal but would this get them through until I get back?

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 2 days? I would feed a good normal feeding right before i left and the again when I got back. I wouldn't add that much food at once.. unlike cats they won't just nibble at it till it is gone.. they will eat what they want when you add it and ignore the rest.

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just feed them like normal right before you leave and then again when you get home. They'll be fine for 2 days.

themericks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with all of the above, I often go away for weekend trips, only feeding just before leaving and when I get back. Everything is fine for such a short period.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.5%
Back