Vaporizer Ice Melt- Any experience? (Calcium shortage making me desperate)

bean2986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I'm getting desperate enough to try Vaporizer Ice Calcium Chloride Pellets for my calcium dosing. I go through about 100ml of liquid Calcium Chloride a day and I have been purchasing through BRS since I started reefing. Since there seems to be a global shortage of this stuff, I'm looking to get opinions/ first hand evidence that this will not murder my tank. Based on the SDS it looks pretty clean. I've been using this for my pool for years. At this point I either get creative or my tank might crash and it's becoming hard to get what I need online. Recommendations for places to get large quantities of calcium marketed for reefing (in stock) would be welcome as well.

Here is the chemical makeup from the SDS:
1590360574260.png

Link:

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't tried that one, but I've used safestep 7300, dow minipellets and peladow without any issues on my reefs. Usually I pick them up in person at ACE/home depot, however I've also had luck using google shopping (and double checking amazon) to figure out good sources where the shipping isn't insane. I hope you're able to find a good source!

OP
OP
bean2986

bean2986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't tried that one, but I've used safestep 7300, dow minipellets and peladow without any issues on my reefs. Usually I pick them up in person at ACE/home depot, however I've also had luck using google shopping (and double checking amazon) to figure out good sources where the shipping isn't insane. I hope you're able to find a good source!

This is stuff I already have because I use it in my pool. I know my Lowes carries the Safestep but it's too late in the season to get it

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotchya. I hope someone weighs in who's tried it. Best of luck no matter what!

Back