Various Awards/Badges and Other Recognitions on Reef2Reef

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! So, every now and then I see a ton of threads marked as "Hospitality Award" or "Excellence Award" threads, and I see threads/comments on threads asking people things like: "How'd you get your "Fish Medic" badge?" or "What is the 2500 Club?" and this led me to thinking - can we get a thread explaining what all of the various awards and badges and titles are and how they are earned/given?

I mean, some of them - like the Hospitality badge - seem fairly self-explanatory (you welcome a bunch of people to R2R and you get a badge, as I understand it), but others (such as the Excellence badge or the Reef Tank 365 badge, for example) are much less clear. I remember seeing something about nominating people for the Excellence badge by reporting them/their post and commenting in the report that you're nominating them, but I'm not sure what the criteria for it are, and I have no idea what the Reef Tank 365 badge is - let alone how to earn it.

Anyway, long story short, I think some sort of sticky thread explaining what the awards are and how they are earned could help clear up quite a bit of the confusion some of us newer members may have about what everything is/means, and that info could potentially help more people be/feel actively involved in the community here.

So, that's my suggestion/thought.

Edit: it occurs to me that I should have put this in the R2R feedback forum - my bad.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back