Velvet outbreak

An ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m here to ask some question about qt for velvet. I noticed velvet last couple week but though it was ich, but everything got worse since they got sugar cover and I start dosing 1ml/ 1 gal because my tank doesn’t have coral but has bta. After dosing h2o2 5 days, only 1 fish get better and the rest are getting worse. 2 cleaner shrimp died and my bta distracted in 2 days. I adjusted to do only 40ml/ 12 hour( before was 100ml every 12 hour which ratio is 1:1). My tank is 100gal and I setting up a 20 long qt with fresh water. Should I run Qt with bio spira or used water from DT to skip cycle????? If I use new water, should I let it cycle few days before move my fishes in there or I have to put my fishes immediately in there with copper ???

Last edited:

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming you are dosing H2O2? We are finding this is only a bandaid and only effective if Velvet, Brook, etc. are caught early on. (In-tank dosing is not to be confused with higher 75-150ppm H2O2 baths which show much more promise.)

I highly recommend you catch all your fish, give them all a 5 min FW dip + 90 min Rally bath, and treat with copper or Chloroquine in QT.

OP
OP
A

An ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming you are dosing H2O2? We are finding this is only a bandaid and only effective if Velvet, Brook, etc. are caught early on. (In-tank dosing is not to be confused with higher 75-150ppm H2O2 baths which show much more promise.)

I highly recommend you catch all your fish, give them all a 5 min FW dip + 90 min Rally bath, and treat with copper or Chloroquine in QT.
I dont have rally, should I do h2o2 bath instead. Should I use new water but it not cycle so should I throw my fishes into wt with new water?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back