Vendor Mishap -- Is this a TSA Daydream?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First reaction:

HOLY BUBBLE ALGAE :eek:

Second reaction:

Are those Asterias? Ive never seen so many in one place!

Third reaction:

Thats one nice acropora. Definitly could be.

Yep! The bubble algae all grew in at once when I switched to real reef rock. it's cleared up a lot, which also says a lot about how bad it truly was.. I'm getting new rockwork ready for a full swap.

Yes, lots of Asterinas, the only thing they eat is coraline.

That acro glows under any lighting. If it's not actually a daydream it's similar.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! The bubble algae all grew in at once when I switched to real reef rock. it's cleared up a lot, which also says a lot about how bad it truly was.. I'm getting new rockwork ready for a full swap.

Yes, lots of Asterinas, the only thing they eat is coraline.

That acro glows under any lighting. If it's not actually a daydream it's similar.

Oh I'm sorry; I thought it was a photo of the Vendor's tank, not yours. I wouldn't have said that otherwise. My bad ;Facepalm

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I'm sorry; I thought it was a photo of the Vendor's tank, not yours. I wouldn't have said that otherwise. My bad ;Facepalm

oh I don't care lol! it's been a nightmare trying to get rid of it. Vibrant gave dinos, fluconazole (ReefHD) melted a few SPS colonies.. Emeralds are doing wonders but frankly I'm so tired of it I'm just replacing the rockwork. I'm just glad it's the kind of algae that is visually annoying vs dangerous to corals.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can’t help you there but awesome looking acro no the less!

I actually wanted to ask YOU a question if you don’t mind: I have the exact same acro as you have and I was wondering if you knew the name of it?
4ae4d2e4b5274022ae9edbd664136937.jpg

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can’t help you there but awesome looking acro no the less!

I actually wanted to ask YOU a question if you don’t mind: I have the exact same acro as you have and I was wondering if you knew the name of it?

That is an FHC (Frag House Corals) Flood Light

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very sweet piece! What does he think it got switched up with?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TopShelfAquatics , can I order a Bonsai and you send me a JF Homewrecker, LOL!!! Just kidding, I love you guys and gals!!!

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@TopShelfAquatics , can I order a Bonsai and you send me a JF Homewrecker, LOL!!! Just kidding, I love you guys and gals!!!
We label all our frags so I'm fairly certain this mixup wasn't from us, maybe a third party?
Sidenote, gotta update our build thread... I think I got something in there you might like!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We label all our frags so I'm fairly certain this mixup wasn't from us, maybe a third party?
Sidenote, gotta update our build thread... I think I got something in there you might like!
You do have something I love, that Bioshock is off the chart HOT, just not willing to pay the money yet until I know my tank is ready to keep those colors.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Third party, he had a wild piece he fragged up for a client and had taken some daydream frags from his own little colony and they all got 'sorted' by one of his staff lol. I figure I'll probably have to wait until it grows out more.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That yellowish one is incredible that is behind your new frag too!

Wild piece from a vendor, it's holding a yellow/orange color even in my higher par and higher nutrient system for about a month now so I'm hoping it stays true. I've got quite a few yellow / orange SPS I've been hoarding! Hard to find true yellows so whenever I see one that doesn't look like a bleached green I give it a shot.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back